

Ever since it got cold, Jesse hasn't been able to stop talking about snow. He just *loves* snow, he says! Can't wait for it to snow! Wants a long, snow-filled winter! Well, today it happened. We got SNOW! It basically snowed non-stop from 9am to 8pm, and we got about 3 inches or so total. The kids and I went outside to play in the white wonderland at about 2pm. Melinda was asking all morning when we could go out, but I wanted to wait until we had a decent amount on the ground, first.

The snow wasn't sticky enough to do fun things like build a huge snowman, but we did manage to squeeze snow together into balls to make a mini-snowman that is now sitting on the brick retaining wall next to our porch. He is complete with a mini carrot nose, tiny pebble eyes and mouth, and little stick arms. We've also had the sled out on our porch all year long, and it didn't take Melinda long at all to realize, HEY! I can go grab it myself! And she did. And poor pregnant mom, in her boots that are a full size too small (yeah, I bought them in college, waaay before pregnancy made my feet grow), then had to pull a combined weight of somewhere around 70 pounds around on the sled. The hike over to the hill was NOT fun. But we made it. And the kids sledded down the hill. It was great fun! Mostly for them, though. I still like snow, but playing in it hasn't seemed too attractive for a few years now.

Both kids could use some snowpants, and we could *all* use some snow boots. Melinda at least has boots that zip up and cover her thighs, so she wasn't in danger of snow getting in her shoes, but there isn't any insulation and no room for layers of socks, so her feet got really cold. Jacob only has one pair of shoes, since his feet are so darned thick (wide, by shoe standards) that it's hard to find shoes that will fit him and we always end up buying $40 shoes for him. I'm hoping winter boots, if I can still find any (because you KNOW the stores around here stop selling winter clothes before Christmas even rolls around, right? Time for swimsuits now!), will manage to fit him. I had to throw his shoes in the dryer when we were done so that he'd be able to wear them again when we left the house that evening. And of course his socks got totally wet and cold, too, not that he complained at all. And then there's me, with feet that barely fit into my boots. Oh, were my feet aching by the time we were done!

But it looks like warmer weather and rain are on the way later in the week, so we enjoyed the snow while we could. Even if Jacob insists on calling it "snowmen" (which sounds a lot like "it's opened") instead of "snow". And even if all they wanted to do was constantly eat the snow. Who cares if the neighborhood dogs might have done their business right there? Not them!
1 comment:
I found you blog by clicking on your names through Melissa blog site. I enjoyed reading the whole story of the transmission woes. Sorry, you are having such troubles. Mom
Post a Comment