Thursday, March 5, 2009

Randomness

You know, I think Mr. Sandman is out to get me.  But not in a helpful way.  Between Alex's crack-of-dawn antics yesterday morning/the night before last, and last night.... Boy oh boy, am I getting sleep deprived!  What happened last night?  I honestly have no clue.  Donated blood in the evening, felt perfectly fine all night.  But despite feeling very tired, heavy-eyed, and ready for sleep last night, I could not fall asleep!!!  Finally, at 4am, I was starting to drift off (no thanks to my MP3 player's batteries, which had died around 3am, taking my relaxation music with it) - I could tell, because my brain was following a not-real storyline, and it was just barely starting to get that surreal feel to it.

And then Alex woke up.  Yay.  Well, he went back to sleep fairly easily, but it just prolonged my falling asleep.  And of course, you know, the entire time I'm laying there, whacking Jesse every few minutes for daring to start snoring again (can't you see I'm trying to fall asleep over here?!?) I'm thinking how entirely unfair it is that I'm getting closer and closer to morning with no relief in sight, and this is the second night in a row that I'm not getting the sleep I need!!  And there's no chance for naps today - we've got a playdate after lunch.  And I have to get ready for hosting preschool at our house tomorrow.  So, yeah.  I'm super-duper happy today!!  Or not.  I actually feel like digging my eyeballs out, they're so tired.
*****  *****  *****
Allyson over at Laughadaisy tagged me for a quick little picture meme:
Go to the 6th folder of your picture files and post the 6th picture.

....drumroll!!
My 6th picture folder happens to be 2008.  And then I sort them by month within that, so there weren't any individual pictures.  So I picked the 6th folder, which was June.  And the 6th picture there is this slightly-blurry but oh so spring-worthy picture.  I can't wait for spring!!  (Holy moly, Melinda's hair was short!!)

Alternatively, if I ignore the 6th folder part, and just go to my "internet" folder, where I store all sorts of random photos, the 6th photos is this one of Melinda and Jacob just before Halloween in 2005!


*****  *****  *****
And here's another meme for you, that I found on Facebook:
This is a fun way to waste 5-10 minutes (or more if you actually want to be creative).

Make your band's album cover meme:

1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.

And here's my band's album!
*****  *****  *****
I'm thinking of making baby blankets for my two sisters, Melissa and Megan, who are both expecting their first baby girls in May.  I've been eyeballing quite a lot of lovely, adorable, girly fabrics on Etsy.  What do you think, you two?  Any of these strike your fancy??  I'm wondering if I should even mention it (too late now!!).  Because I've been oh so unreliable at finishing projects lately.  But I should be able to handle some simple blocked blankets by May, right??  Here's what I'm looking at:
 
 
I also absolutely adore this bundle of fabrics.... but it's not so girly.  :(  I might have to buy it for myself....
 

*****  *****  *****
Uhhhh.... look what Alex just figured out how to do while I was typing this post....



*****  *****  *****
I have the best kids!!  While that video was uploading, Jesse got home and we had lunch.  And then I put Alex down for a nap.  Just before Jesse left back for work, and after I left the room to rock Alex, Jesse told Melinda and Jacob to clean up the room for me.  When I came out, they had put all their train tracks away, and folded all the blankets!  *sniff*  Way a make a tired mama so happy!! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a crazy meme? But I loved the outcome.

The album cover was quite cute too.

Yes, you were right...Alex was very proud of himself of climbing that chair.

The Duckers said...

I *LOVE* #1!!!
I feel so bad for you and your sleepless nights. YUCK!
I can't believe little Alex. He is so smart and big and strong. All I'm hoping for is a not as big newborn, and one that holds still for a while. I'm looking forward to NOT following suit with you. Sorry....I just want easy life.
By the way, I'm REALLY missing Alex! I'm jealous of Kaija who gets to spend almost a WHOLE week with him (and your family). I called her today to wish her a happy birthday, and wouldn't ya know...SHE'S SICK! Poor thing.

Emily said...

Love the new rock band, and the album! I totally look forward to jiving to their tunes. ;)

Oh, sleep...sleep....While Z was a very uncooperative sleeper for many, many months, I was totally obsessed by sleep, or the lack thereof. And I still feel like I am - I'm really protective of nap time and get kind of stressed when she wakes up 15 minutes earlier than her usual time span, which is silly, I know,...I worry sometimes about Baby #2 and how I'll handle it. I hate those insomniac nights when it feels like you're the only one not sleeping in the entire world, and your husband is snoring (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!) and you know you have a full day ahead...anyway, I'm not saying anything enlightening, just empathizing. Hugs.

Ally said...

Both those 6th pictures are great. ;-)

I love all the fabrics you showed there, I wish I were having a baby and you were making a blanket for me!

And I think your kids sound pretty great, too. ;-) (I'm sure they have a wonderful mother!)

Anonymous said...

You said that you wanted me to comment on something, but I don't know what you want me to comment on! What post did you want me to comment on, March 5 or 7???? Clayton is crazy just chatting up a storm and running around all over the place! when does Kaija go and visit you?

Becky N. said...

Hello Megan - Short answer: This one! If you read closely, you saw that I was thinking of making a baby blanket for you and wanted an opinion on fabrics. But I got tired of waiting and picked one not shown here, I think you'll like it. So don't worry, now!

Kaija comes on the 28th!! :)

PLEASE, people, start linking an email address with your blogger accounts so I can respond to you directly instead of through another comment! You don't know how many little notes I'd be sending to people after they left me a comment, if only they just had their email in their profile...
[/public service announcement]

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I figured out what i am supposed to comment about now! I love #3. How about this, I won't expect anything from you that way if you don't do it I won't be upset and if you do the blanket then i will be pleasently suprised! I loved your meme cover by the way! I love the captions were cute and funny!