- I absolutely cannot put down a fictional book in the middle of a chapter. I must finish the chapter - so I have a good "stopping point" in a story - before moving on to a new activity. If I'm reading a non-fiction book, however, any ol' chapter will do just fine. This quirk leads to a lot of binge-reading on my part. And very very late nights, when I just can't find a suitable stopping point....
- I rarely manage to sit at my computer without grabbing a snack. Snacks can range from raisins, to ice cream, to crackers, and a million things in between, but if I'm at the computer for any length of time, odds are that I'm also eating something.
- I have a really hard time calling people. I always worry that I'm interrupting something - maybe they're sleeping in, or just getting out of the shower, so I'll wait till later. Oh, but now they might be getting lunch ready, and I don't want to interrupt a meal time. Wait till later again. Surely, now is prime time for naps, and I just can't make a phone call during a person's precious quiet time, whether they're napping, or just enjoying some peace while the kids nap. And of course, after naps comes all the chaos of grumpy kids needing snacks, so I shouldn't interrupt that either. Wait till later. Of course, now is the time that most mothers are probably getting dinner ready, and I know how hard it is to be interrupted in the middle of making dinner, so I'll wait again. But who knows, really, when they're eating? Is it 5:30? Is it 7:00? I better just wait to be sure. Of course, once it hits 7:00pm, they may be having some family time or getting the kids geared down and ready for bed, so I better wait a little longer. But calling anyone after 8:00pm just seems rude. I'll just wait to call another day. Maybe tomorrow their imaginary schedule will be less crazy. And me, a little less neurotic about phone calls.
- At bedtime, I always start the evening laying on my right side, facing the middle of the bed. And I will usually lay that way for at least half an hour. But I can't actually fall asleep until I've turned over onto my left side, facing the outside of the bed. Usually with at least a hand hanging over the edge.
- I don't like the milk jug having a cap on, once it's been opened. If it has a cap on, then I can't pour milk one-handed and put the milk right back in the fridge before the door shuts. NooOOooo. With a cap on, you have to set your bowl or glass on the counter, hold the milk with one hand, use the other hand to remove the cap, (refrigerator door shutting in the meantime), pour the milk, replace the cap, open the fridge back up (or if you've managed to keep it propped open with one carefully placed foot, more power to you!), set the milk down, close the fridge, then pick back up your bowl or glass. Instead of simply grabbing the milk with one hand, pouring quickly, putting milk back on the shelf, closing fridge, and moving on.
- My skin is acidic or something. I haven't quite solidified the theory, yet. But every keyboard and mouse I've had in the last 3-4 years has slowly had the paint etched away. My current keyboard is missing the letters N and M, and the D and C are on their way out, too. My last mouse was already replaced because it started looking so weird and worn, and my new one is already starting to look "raw" around the spot where the fatty pads under my pinky finger (the top of the palm) would hit. Oh, and my keyboard tray's lovely "wooden" laminate covering has also been rubbed raw under my left hand's wrist area, where it frequently rests. Jesse uses his computer as much as I use mine, and he doesn't have the same problem, despite having the same brands. So it must be my skin. Right?
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Six Quirky Things About Me
Summer tagged me over at her blog, Summer's Nook, to do this little quiz about myself, sharing six non-important things/habits/quirks about me. I'm bored enough today, so why not? I have to warn you, though, it was a real stretch for me to think of the following things. I seem so normal to myself.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have to finish the chapter too. That reminds me I need to get your book back to you.
I also hate having to put the milk down to take the lid off.
Fun list. :)
I'm the same way making phone calls. Never know when to call, so I end up putting it off all day, then realize at 10pm that I forgot to call!
I also snack at the computer. :)
Summer - honest to goodness, I didn't remember lending a book to you. Which book is it?? LOL!! (But your comment also reminds me that I need to return a book to someone, as well - I've had it for over a year!)
We should get together one of these days, though. The kids and I would both appreciate the company! :)
Wow! Those are 6 VERY interesting facts! I could NEVER have the cap off the milk!!!! What if something got in there......EWWWW!
I think i also sort of do the bed thing. EXCEPT I can't fall asleep facing Dorian! But I do almost always start on my right side.
Post a Comment