My friend Jenni just made up this new meme.... At least, it's her own idea, whether or not it exists out there on the 'net in some form or another. And I love it so much that I'm going to participate.
The idea is to share a synopsis of the week through the little mini-updates I've posted all week on Facebook. A lot of you don't follow me on Facebook, and I haven't been in the best frame of mind to deal with big long posts on my blog, so this is perfect! You can catch a little glimpse of what's been going on with me for the past week. :)
I'm going to start from last Friday. Feel free to join in, if you use Facebook, too!
Friday, April 17
1:03pm
Becky had two nights in a row with some major insomnia issues. Wonders if the kids would let her get away with a nap on such a gorgeous, sunny day. Hmmm. Not too likely.
6:58pm
Becky finally got a new hand-blender, and has been mixing up full meals for Alex to enjoy with us now that he's 1 year. He really loved blended-up Rachel's Pasta tonight, saying "aaaaaaahh" after every bite, asking for more!
Saturday, April 18
12:25pm
Becky got back from the kids' swim class and is getting some lunch ready. More sun today, in the 70's.... perfect Saturday, yay!
1:33pm
Becky is taking the family out to the NCR trail.
Sunday, April 19
5:30pm
Becky just woke up from a lovely, uninterrupted nap.
Monday, April 20
10:12am
Becky is listening to Karen Carpenter's "Rainy Days and Mondays"... But truly, this rainy Monday isn't affecting me as much as they usually do. I was just in the mood for the song. ;)
10:41am
Becky is doing ShrinkyDinks with the kids.
4:22pm
Becky is thinking about what to do if Jesse's car is declared totaled from the recent minor accident. Buy a cheap used car? Buy a much-needed recent-model van despite good job security? Go back to the life of single car living?? Get him a bike for work? Ugh. Not a happy thought process overall. Don't like being forced into these decisions.
Tuesday, April 21
11:15am
Becky needs to grocery shop but is once again having a hard time thinking up a meal plan for the coming week.
4:11pm
Becky just *loves* already-exhausting grocery trips when every potty-trained child just HAS to go potty at the most inopportune time. Sigh. At least it's over for another week!
10:47pm
Becky should probably go to bed now... but where's the fun in that?
Wednesday, April 22
12:19pm
Becky paid her library fine today. It was even worse than I thought. $.20 per book (NOT $.10), 26 books, 4 days overdue: $20.80. VERY expensive forgetfulness. I could kick myself a very long time over that....
8:26pm
Becky can't believe her husband never read Sideways Stories of Wayside School as a child!! Got a few giggles out of Melinda at bedtime while I was reading it, though! :)
Thursday, April 23
3:09pm
Becky wishes it were Friday. I'm beat.
5:09pm
Becky and the fam are walking down to try the new South American Grill instead of cooking dinner tonight. Yay for Brazilian food right down the street!
Update:
Well dang, it was oddly closed during their advertised business hours. No info available at their phone number, but I left a message at their email. I was very excited to eat there tonight, too.
Since we walked all the way down there, we decided to try a little Mexican/Salvadorian grill that we hadn't ever noticed. Looks like it was family run, food was authentic and very tasty. Loved it. If I had to settle for something after getting my hopes up for Brazilian, this was the thing to "settle" for. :)
Friday, April 24
2:13pm
Becky can't get Alex to take a nap at his regular time on the one day this week that it actually matters.
(Had to cancel plans with friends on this beautiful sunny day, since he took his nap SO much later than normal. This was the one thing I planned all week that depended on his nap happening normally. Not cool.)
4:47pm
Joy. Jesse's car has been officially totaled. For $600 in parts and $2000 estimated labor, just some dented body work and a busted headlight, and they're taking our car away. They're giving him a very "generous" $1400. Like that'll get us even close to a reliable a replacement. Looking at options. Ugh.
3 comments:
I never read sideways stories either. :)
I like you doing this. It is actually a lot easier to read then your really long blogs.
I love the sideways stories book. It was so funny!
Megan, I know!! My blog posts are such monsters. I probably wouldn't read them, myself, if they belonged to somebody else.
Post a Comment