I feel incredibly guilty about not having any real blog posts in a number of weeks now. Every time I sit down and think, "I'm going to blog today!", I remember how all my photos and videos are still sitting on my camera. And then how I'd have to upload them to the internet. And then link them and organize them on a post. And then type my typical book to go along with all of them. And I just .... ugh. I'm not up to it yet. I HOPE I will get around to blogging *something*, at least, very soon. But for now, you'll have to settle for this week's edition of Facebook Friday.
Saturday, April 25
9:38am
Becky was woken up much too early for a Saturday morning. By *Alex*, of all people- the one who usually sleeps latest, and the one who needs supervision. Whatever happened to sleeping in??
11:12am
Becky is taking the kids to swim class again. Alex is napping, and Jesse's staying home with him. Avoiding the situation of an over-tired screaming baby at all costs, today.
8:32pm
Becky is cracking up - Just overheard Jesse singing "More Than a Woman" to the kids for bedtime. What a goof!
Sunday, April 26
1:47pm
Becky is wearing shorts for the first time this year, and avoiding turning the A/C on. It's so hot outside- 89 degrees!!
Monday, April 27
11:04am
Becky is shaking like a leaf, but conquered one of her most major fears: A wasp in the house. 1st try resulted in me cowering on the floor, crying in anticipated fear. 2nd try, wasp got out of bucket/paper lid trap, and I ran out of the room screaming/slammed the door behind me. 3rd attempt, got the water sprayer out, and saturated the dang thing until it could hardly even crawl. Smashed it. Success!! But shaking still!!
4:40pm
Becky is melting. Turned on the A/C earlier to get it back down to 79 inside... Resisting temptation to turn it on again at the current temp of 82 is not going to last long, once I turn the oven on for dinner.
Tuesday, April 28
8:55am
Becky totally called the "twist" in last night's episode of Castle, a good 15-20 minutes before it even crossed the characters' minds. Yay me! I'm getting good at this crime show thing!
4:00pm
Becky can't find her swimsuit anywhere. But in my efforts to check every nook and cranny of my bedroom, it's now the cleanest and most organized it's been since we moved in 8 months ago.
6:39pm
Becky knew that the Baltimore area was plagued with water main breaks, but this one tops them all!! Busy downtown streets turned to rivers, tons of businesses closed. Insane.
http://www.wbaltv.com/video/19312007/index.html
9:05pm
Becky is voting for Adam Lambert. He amazes me *every* week!
11:03pm
Becky is soooooo thankful for the lovely mild breeze blowing in through the windows right now. Feels absolutely heavenly.
Wednesday, April 29
10:17am
Becky is thinking it's probably time to re-think my aversion to breakfast foods.
http://www.naturallyknockedup.com/2009/01/what-is-cereal-good-for.html
3:30pm
Becky's wedding anniversary is today! Thinking about what a pleasant 9 years it's been, even if we're not where we thought/hoped we'd be by now. ♥
6:56pm
Becky thinks Jacob is pretty cute when he gets super enthusiastic about eating "wacky tails", which is the name he came up with for asparagus all on his own. And then repeats "I like wacky tails!" about 20 or 30 times throughout dinner as he snarfs down as many as possible. ♥
10:16pm
Becky stood in line for 45 minutes for 31 cent/scoop ice cream at Baskin Robbins, but it was SO WORTH IT.
Thursday, April 30
12:47pm
Becky helped a friend pack for her move to Texas this morning. Now back home and scrounging up lunch for the kids and working on naptime for Alex.
8:53pm
Posting from an ipod at the mall. so cool!
12:00am
Becky had such a great time going out on a date with her husband. It's been too long, but it was a lot of fun. We got the entire outdoor patio at Cheesecake Factory to ourselves - everyone else was apparently more willing to deal with a long line than a chance of rain (which never happened). Good food, fun conversation, and window shopping afterward. ♥
Friday, May 1
9:30am
Becky wishes all her children slept in until 9am like Jacob does. Takes after his mommy- so not a morning person.
1:41pm
Becky thinks Maryland is absolutely gorgeous in springtime. So many various blossoms, and so abundant...
10:27pm
Becky had a long but fun evening, one-on-one with Jacob at the Mother-Son Fiesta. He enjoyed himself. Right up till the end when a bigger kid broke the pinata before he ever got a chance to whack it. Oh, how we waited for his turn eagerly, only for that disappointment. He was, however, happy about the candy he was able to gather.
4 comments:
I loved it! So much fun to read what happened during your week w/o taking up the whole night. (WINK WINK) I do miss seeing pictures though with a story behind it. Hope your anniversary was absolutely wonderful. I totally spaced it out. I don'tk now why...you would think I remembered that one since the day or so after we went to Scotland. Anyway...have a happy day!
And see, even though I'm on facebook most days, I still miss a lot of the updates... I think I invented something brilliant here. Now we just need to get the rest of the bloggy world to join us!!
that was an amazing amount of info posted in such a cute way. Becky this and Becky that. I liked it.
Hi Becky, I tracked you down through Melissa's blog. Its fun to read about your family. I'm not a very avid blogger, but feel free to check out the Evans blog when you have a minute.
Post a Comment