Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Gallon Bags Worked, By The Way!

Remember how I said that maybe I should implement gallon-sized bags into our cleanup routine? Well, it WORKED!!

Alex had dumped out all those lovely bagged toys during the afternoon. It's okay... they weren't sorted, anyway, and someone would have had to dump them out. But, he did dump them out in the front room, which made things look horribly like a tornado came through the house. So, when it came time to just get down to it and clean the darn room, I brought the bags back out and told the kids to clean up just like they had this morning: Put the toys in the bags, take them to the playroom, and come back and get more.

Let me tell you, I've never seen them clean so fast and so well. Granted, we had a big ol' mess to clean up in the playroom, but they helped me clean. Honest to goodness! Even Jacob, who can avoid cleaning better than the best of them! And he was enjoying it!!

Who knew a few plastic bags could be so handy around the house??

2 comments:

Randi said...

Wait, you're coming to Colorado!??? How exciting!!
lmk if you'll be in Denver and want to get together!

And brilliant on the garbage bags! Brilliant!

Ally said...

You're so smart! :-D