Friday, March 21, 2008

Where's that nesting energy when you need it?

I could really stand to do a few loads of laundry. And put away some of the clean laundry that has been hanging around in baskets for the better part of a week. And wash some bigger pots and pans that don't fit/belong in a dishwasher. And deep-clean the bathrooms again. And wash the kitchen floor. And vacuum the rest of the floors. And clear off my dresser top for the umpteenth time.

Especially since I'm really hoping to go into labor today or tomorrow (especially since the last time I posted, I've had many noticeable Braxton Hicks contractions...seems like things are gearing up finally).

But I can't convince myself to stand up and move around long enough to do any of that. Even though I have plenty of time, and the kids are completely zoned out in front of the television. I just feel extremely lazy right now.

On the one hand, I feel like going for a brisk walk to see if that will start up some contractions. On the other hand, if it works, I have a house that is less clean than I want it to be when we have midwives and other company over. And maybe the housework would also put me into labor.

But darnit, I just don't want to do it. Not any of it.

Sigh.

3 comments:

The Duckers said...

I bet once you started ONE thing you wouldn't be able to stop. That happened to me yesterday. I was supposed to be scrubbing toilets, but couldn't stop organizing drawers, cupboards and closets. It feels good to have those things done though! I wished I lived by you! I would come help you clean! :o(

Off to work for me! (my job)

Becky N. said...

You're a little bit right. ;) I did finally convince myself to at least do the laundry. I got all caught up on that, everything folded and put away even!

And then after the kids were in bed, I went ahead and cleaned the bathroom. The grout in the shower tiles looks cleaner than it has in at least a year, yay! But I ended up not feeling so well after all of that (probably the fumes, I would guess), and just rested the rest of the night. Still, that was a lot of work for someone who said they didn't want to do any of it!! :)

Anonymous said...

I echo Melissa...I wish I lived closer (or you lived over here)I would come and help you. You could ask your visiting teachers for help, but I'll bet you are just like me and would never ask anyone to do something that you could/should do on your own. Good luck sweetie. I love you. Mom Kaija is excited for you. Too bad this delivery is in the midddle of school, we could fly her out just like we did Megan for Jacob's birth. She loves kids.