Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ding! There goes the timer...

This is it. I'm officially 40 weeks. The cooking is DONE. Baby come OUT!!!

(I don't think he's listening.)

Melinda says we have to get the baby out today, because that's where the icon is on her calendar (aka "chart"). Maybe I made a mistake of putting a due date on her calendar.

My 40 week appointment was fine, even if I was disappointed that I had to go in this morning. Last night I had one heck of a back ache... could have been contractions, if there had been any fading in and out along with it, you know? But there wasn't. I was also having Braxton Hicks contractions every 20-40 minutes for several hours last night. But everything stopped when I went to bed, unfortunately. I was really hoping I'd wake up in the middle of the night in labor, you know?

Anyway, I only gained one pound this week (hooray!). I'm measuring a whopping 42 weeks, and midwife says this is definitely a 9-pounder baby. Heartbeat sounded good. My blood pressure was actually lower than my normal, at 98/65 or something like that. My midwife also told me that they have 4 women due right about now. Not a SINGLE ONE OF THEM went into labor with the full moon this past weekend. What a rip-off!! I'm sure they'll be busy with lots of births over the next week!

I had to schedule two appointments for next week, since we start doing Non-Stress Tests at 41 weeks. I also had to take home a referral to set up an ultrasound during week 41 to check the health of the placenta and amniotic fluid levels. I absolutely, 100% definitely do NOT want to make a single one of those appointments.

So today, I'm going out to grab some Evening Primrose Oil (I really should have done it last week, I guess!). And then I'm taking the kids for a long walk at the park. Maybe now that I'm having some decent BH contractions, a walk will actually do something. I **HOPE**.

Send me all the labor vibes you've got!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. I understand how it is to be ready and not have labor begin. Take care of yourself. Don't get to tired trying to begin things. Love you much.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you! I was searching for other Mommys and found your adorable site! Congrats to you and your family. I went 7 days over my due date with my daughter. She came out 9 lbs 4 oz!

Ally said...

I'll send you all my vibes! I went 41 weeks with our first, and boy it's no fun. :P

Good luck with that big baby when he does arrive! I was thinking that would be painful to be carrying a baby that big. Then I just remembered I carried twins a little past 8 months. That wasn't so pleasant.

You have my complete sympathies! ;)