Jacob woke up this morning with a fever. Ahh... we were so eager to get out today, to go see a free movie at the theater, to do some major grocery shopping, pick up a package at the post office that we missed on Saturday, get to a playground.... looks like we're staying inside instead. Jacob is MUCH crabbier than Melinda was with her fever. She was just ever-so-slightly whiny and sleepy. Jacob spent almost entire morning almost throwing a full-blown fit before I finally took him back to bed and he crashed. Hopefully he'll sleep a loooong time, or today might be really hard.
My sunburn stopped hurting, yaaay! Sure makes life easier when you don't have to be super careful about moving just right in order to avoid crazy pain. My elbow and wrist are still bothering me, though. It feels like they really need to pop, or something.
Alex is steadily progressing with his mobility skills. He is now doing baby push-ups, lifting his whole body off the floor a good 5 inches or so, holding himself up by just his hands and tippy-toes. And he is purposefully going after things on the floor, kicking his feet one at a time, with his head firmly planted on the ground, to scoot himself forward. Yesterday one of the kids dropped a piece of popcorn on the floor somewhat near to Alex. You should have seen the look in his eyes. He was working very hard at getting that popcorn so he could stick it in his mouth. He still moves pretty slowly, but he can get around. And the way he's lifting himself up and moving one leg at a time makes us think that he may just be absolutely proficient at scooting and/or crawling in just a matter of weeks.
I'm re-reading the Twilight books (again!), in anticipation of the final installment, Breaking Dawn, which is released this Saturday. No, I'm not going to any midnight parties, and I haven't pre-ordered the book, but if I don't manage to go pick it up from the bookstore on Saturday, you betcha that I'll have it in my hands pretty early next week. And then I have to read it as quickly as possible so I can get into the pack-up-my-apartment mode.
It's now about 3 weeks away from moving day! And true to form, I haven't yet started packing anything. But honestly, I'm not very stressed about it. Jesse's planning on taking 2-3 days off to help pack and clean, and we have 5 days of overlap to move. I hate living with things all boxed up, so I always end up putting it off as long as possible. At any rate, we'll probably start going through closets this weekend, and maybe start thinning out our toys this week.
1 comment:
I'm re-reading the books as well. I'm just mostly afraid someone will slip in front of me about the 4th book. I would literally cry if that happened.
Man Alex is a crazy child. Tell him to slow down and just be a baby. AND FOR YOUR SANITY TOO!
Good luck with packing. I HATE packing.
Post a Comment