Note the time of this entry.
I can't sleep.
....*sigh*.... It happens every now and then, although I have no idea why. Anyway, I stayed in bed for a couple hours, hardly able to shut my eyes, and eventually gave up. I decided to come out to my computer and at least read some blogs or something. Nothing like wasting time in bed in a room too dark to see anything, and with a husband snoring next to you. Yikes.
And so while I'm sitting here, in a dark room with my bright monitor on, there's a little fruit fly walking around on the monitor, all over the place. And I find myself trying to "shoo" it away ... with my mouse pointer. Oddly enough, it works about half the time. Darn little thing keeps coming back, though.
Lucky me, I'll be super tired tomorrow. And since it's the day before Jacob's 3rd birthday, and we still haven't gotten him a gift, Jesse's going to go hunt around some stores during lunch tomorrow (errr.... today, I guess...) instead of coming home like he usually does. (Anyone see any Tinkertoys in a brick-and-mortar store recently?) And then in the evening he has Boy Scouts to attend, so he'll be gone pretty much my entire parenting day. My entire sleepy parenting day. Goal: make it through the day without becoming Ms. Super-Grouch.
And ya know? Speaking of grumpy. While we've been getting ready to move, we've been trying to get rid of things we simply don't need anymore. Which means I've been dealing a lot with Craigslist and Freecycle recently. We managed to make about $140 from Craigslist, which is awesome, but the hassle of arranging for a time for someone to come by and pick up free things is driving me absolutely crazy. If I wouldn't feel so terrible about just throwing them in a dumpster, I'd seriously be reconsidering the effort. Why can't people just get back to me in a reasonable amount of time? I just want this stuff gone, folks!! Before I have to worry about moving it out of my apartment myself!
Tomorrow: more packing, maybe some afternoon snoozing, thanks to tonight.
Thursday: Jacob's birthday, just the fam'.
Friday: spend the evening at the new apartment to get cable hooked up.
Saturday: work like crazy to move as much as possible.
Sunday: take a break. Hopefully in the new place.
Monday: finish moving stuff, start cleaning like crazy.
Tuesday: finish up anything that needs to be done.
Wednesday: say goodbye for good to the little home we've known for 4 years.
Well. Maybe it's time to go give the bed a second chance, eh?
4 comments:
oh, poor Becky. I'm sorry it's hard to sleep tonight. Maybe the reason is you have so much coming up. I know when I have important/busy things happening the next day, I don't sleep well. I cross my fingers for a good nap for you. Plan to get the b-day card today. With Kaija having my car more and more...I haven't gotten to the store. We plan to activate hers Monday.
I just can stand it when I can't sleep. Reading always seems to help. But I have to say, it RARELY happens to me! The worst part of it all is the fact that you have so much on your plate right now. What AWESOME timing huh? although, that's probably why it happened. There are too many things on your mind.
Happy birthday Jacob. And hope all goes well with the packing and moving - not that much time left!
I'm so sorry to be seeing this so late, I've been way behind this week from the pain and MRI stuff.
But I hope you were able to finally get some sleep. And I hope little Jacob had a very Happy Birthday.
And I hope the move went reasonably well, and that you'll be able to finish everything and start to get adjusted to the new place.
Best wishes!! ;-)
Post a Comment