"Our prophets have admonished us repeatedly to makefamily prayer a regular part of our daily worship. President John Taylor asked the Saints:
" 'Do you have prayers in your family? . . .
" 'And when you do, do you go through the operation like the guiding of a piece of machinery, or do you bow in meekness and with a sincere desire to seek the blessing of God upon you and your household? That is the way that we ought to do, and cultivate a spirit of devotion and trust in God, dedicating ourselves to him, and seeking his blessings.'"
L. Tom Perry
“The Lord has said, ‘Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers’.
“What a tremendous promise is given in this statement. If we are without conceit and pride and arrogance, if we are humble and obedient, then the Lord will lead us by the hand and answer our prayers. What greater thing could we ask for? There is nothing to compare with this.”
Melinda has her first talk assignment for Primary...and it's next week! Ack! The topic is "I learn about prayer from the scriptures". So. You know what we're going to be focusing on the coming week. :)
4 comments:
hey you'll have fun with the talk. I have done soooo many. I think I didn't give your girls ownership early enough. I read while you held pictures too many years, but I loved helping you.
GO Melinda, Go! Carson has had prayer and a scripture, but no talk yet. I try to make Dorian help him instead of me!
Good luck with the family prayer thing.
Love family prayer. Such a blessing in our life. Thanks for these quotes! m
Excellent thoughts, and something I really need to work on. Thanks for the quotes. ;-)
And good luck with the talk!
The last time Princess had a talk in Primary, we worked on it for weeks, pretending to host Primary Sharing Time in our kitchen, using the turkey baster as a microphone, singing songs, etc.
And then the time comes in Primary, and she won't even budge to go up there and recite it, though she had it memorized and had cute pictures of her grandparents on their mission...
I have to remind myself that she has her agency too. Urg. ;-S
Post a Comment