Sunday, October 19, 2008

Drowning

I'm going to keep this short, because the more I say, the more undoubtedly gross it will be.

I'm feeling so overwhelmed by poop these days.

I have a 5  year old who can't (won't?) wipe herself.
A 3 year old who can't (won't?) remember that you poop in a potty, not in a diaper, not in underwear, NOT ON THE FLOOR!!!!  And he certainly can't wipe himself, either.
And of course, the baby, who at least poops the way you expect him to poop.

I can't wait for the day when I'm not wiping three children's bottoms multiple times every day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, grief! that's will be my short reply.

The Duckers said...

uggggh! Poop!!! Someday you won't have that worry, but until then, GOOD LUCK!

Shannon said...

Amen sista'

Jenni said...

We keep disposable baby wipes in the bathroom--DS is 8 and had ongoing struggles with effective wiping, so about a year ago we just gave up and went for wipes. It's saved me a lot of frustration (and a lot of poop smears on underwear...yeah, I know that's totally gross *blech* ) Anyway, that might help 5yo...
Seriously, if my 3yo was still fighting using the potty, i'd just leave him in diapers...yeah you still have to clean *him* up, but at least it's not on the floor, and poopy diapers are easier than poopy undies...

Becky N. said...

Yeah, poopy diapers are better than poopy underwear, but it's going back to diapers that got us to this point in the first place. He was almost completely potty trained before we moved, and now it's like we're back to square one, all because he was in diapers for a short sickness, and then again when we moved and were tired of him having accidents on the brand new clean carpet. It's not so much that he's *fighting* the potty, as it is that he's simply just completely forgetting about it. I need to do better at getting him to go at regular intervals, that might help. Maybe? I don't know, but it's all very frustrating, that he used to do so well, and it's going so badly again.

Maybe I should try giving Melinda access to wipes for herself. I just don't want her to put them in the toilet (clogging, ack!), and I also don't like the idea of them sitting open in the trash, stinking up the place. Gross. But as I said, I'm already sick of wiping so many bottoms, so maybe it's a decent compromise.

Jenni said...

Huggies or somebody makes flushable wet-wipes for toilet training...i'm sure they cost a lot but it might be worth it for Melinda...

Ally said...

Uh....

Me to...?

;-)