Jesse had yet another work dinner that kept him away from us at dinnertime.
Just minutes after he left, I accidentally smashed Melinda's thumb in the crack of the table. Much ear-piercing wailing and river-forming tears followed.
During dinner, Alex started falling asleep in the high chair. I kid you not. I've never seen a baby do this in real life before.
Once I stopped the movie, I just held him on my knee for abut 15 seconds before he fell asleep for good. And then my crazy child, who was so tired that he was falling asleep sitting up, only slept in his bed for about 40 minutes. *sigh* He woke up during the next little event. There was no chance of me putting him back to sleep. Melinda was the delegated baby cheerer-upper until I could get to him.
Which brings us to after dinner. Jacob was squatting on the floor, putting together a dinosaur puzzle. All of the sudden he tells me, "I pooooped, Mommy..." I hardly heard him the first time, he mumbled it so quietly. And then I realized what he said, and freaked. Let's just say that things have been very funky with Jacob for the last few days. This was no normal pile o' poo on my beautiful clean carpet.
Thank goodness for hydrogen peroxide.
Once Jesse got home and the kids got in bed, I rushed out to Target to get Melinda's birthday gift. Yeah, I've known what I wanted to get for her for at least a couple weeks now, and I still put it off till the last evening available. And I went to pick up a roll of wrapping paper to go with it. I settled on an inexpensive silver-looking roll. And when I got home and sat down to wrap her gift, that's when I discovered it was definitely not silver. It was clear cellophane...with a layer of silver tucked in between the brown cardboard tube at the very bottom of the roll. Grrr. Clear anything definitely does not work for gift-wrapping. If that's not the universe telling me to switch to cloth bags for gift-giving, I don't know what it is. I compromised with a purple sheet held together with the clear cellophane. And the second smaller gift got printer paper wrapped with cellophane, which was then decorated with red Sharpee marker.
Once I wrapped the gift, perpetually sluggish/grumpy Jesse proclaimed that he was going to bed. At 9:30pm. We haven't gone to bed earlier than 11pm in, oh, at least 5 years now. But his head was hurting and he was just plain tired.
So, yeah. Tonight has been ... interesting.
Completely unrelated P.S. - Alex was weighed and he's officially 21 pounds. Melinda wasn't 21 pounds until 10 months. Jacob, in all his chunky baby glory, wasn't even 21 pounds until 7.5 months. Alex looks slimmer than Jacob... but I guess he got a pretty good head start at birth, after all. ;) He's wearing all 9-month sized clothing right now.
1 comment:
ooohhh, the poor wee little baby.
Post a Comment