Sunday, November 30, 2008

Achievements

I have two boys to brag about today!!

First, and wins the Makes Mommy Most Relieved award, Jacob is officially potty trained!!!!! !!!!! Let me just add a few more of those.... !!!!!!!!!!!!

He's been using the potty for everything (minus a small accident on the bathroom floor last night) for a little more than a week now. He's been going to bed in underwear, and staying dry. He hasn't worn a diaper for more than a week! And I haven't had to clean dirty underwear, or dirty floors. It's marvelous!!! I'm so proud! Jacob's pretty pleased with himself, too. He exclaims after every trip to poop, "I'm so such a big boy, Mommy!" It's true. He is "so such a big boy". He can even take off his pants and underwear all by himself, and put them back on most of the time. And he earned all 10 starts on his little chart, so we'll be celebrating at the bouncy place tomorrow evening. Yay! I am so glad to be down to one child in diapers.

Second, Alex has become and expert at standing still. Look!



I took this video of Melinda helping him balance yesterday morning. Since then, he is letting go of everything in sight and just standing there. I can set him down quickly, and 8 out of 10 times, he'll stand easily. He's also regularly taking 2-3 steps at a time with no outside support. Just his own self propelling him along. He's been enjoying the game of walking between two people. Although, if Jesse isn't ready to play that game, I can set him down standing in the middle of the floor and then back up till he tries to comes to me. You can tell he's really excited about this, too, because he just starts giggling like crazy as he starts walking towards you. I have absolutely no doubts he'll be walking steadily within the month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool...though I like the tie-dyed outfit.

Becky N. said...

That's the same shirt we got when you guys went out to Washington, D.C. with us, when Jacob was little. :)

Ally said...

Awesome! :-) On all accounts.

Hmmm, personally, I still pine away for the days of one child in diapers. *sigh*

But I'm not really looking forward to potty training twins.

Since you're so successful... want to come help me????

PLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!! Please come help me! :-S

Emily said...

Oh hooray for Jacob! And hooray for you - it is such a long road, this potty training thing. Congrats.

And Alex, oh my...I've been following his super-advanced skills through your blog for some time, but he is something else. It's really cute to see Jacob and Melinda get "involved" in their own way, too (for better or worse ;).