Not having a great day. I Googled "I need something to cheer me up"... and came across this wonderful remedy. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole. Enjoy.
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
thank you for flowers, rainbows and remembering what goodness God has given us...if we take the time to look.
also...if you need some cheering...we are expecting DW's mission papers in the mail today or tomorrow. hope to have Kaija video tape and blog us watching him opening it.
You know what's funny? I dont' like 'somewhere over the rainbow' (I can't stand Judy Garland nor Wizard of Oz...I know, what kind of a theatre major am I, right?) but anyway, DH had this song on his computer when we got married, and I initially thought eww, cuz i don't like the song...but with repeated listening i have come to love it. Something about the syncopation I guess... it's a great arrangement. :)
I had a day that bounced from great to crummy to great to crummy...so this was nice for me today too. thanks for posting. :)
I LOVE this version of the song. I first heard it at the end of that Brad Pitt movie where he plays the Grim Reaper....the name of it is escaping me. It is such a great arrangement. Hope your day and week get better! :) We hope you get a new dishwasher too--we talked them into one when we lived there.
6 comments:
thank you for flowers, rainbows and remembering what goodness God has given us...if we take the time to look.
also...if you need some cheering...we are expecting DW's mission papers in the mail today or tomorrow. hope to have Kaija video tape and blog us watching him opening it.
love ya.
Some silliness for you:
http://www.cutethingsfallingasleep.org/
That's all it is... just cute babies, bunnies, puppies, etc. falling asleep.
You know what's funny? I dont' like 'somewhere over the rainbow' (I can't stand Judy Garland nor Wizard of Oz...I know, what kind of a theatre major am I, right?) but anyway, DH had this song on his computer when we got married, and I initially thought eww, cuz i don't like the song...but with repeated listening i have come to love it.
Something about the syncopation I guess... it's a great arrangement. :)
I had a day that bounced from great to crummy to great to crummy...so this was nice for me today too. thanks for posting. :)
I hope you're day gets brighter!
Well, I hope it cheered you up, because it worked for me!
Thanks for sharing it!
I LOVE this version of the song. I first heard it at the end of that Brad Pitt movie where he plays the Grim Reaper....the name of it is escaping me. It is such a great arrangement. Hope your day and week get better! :) We hope you get a new dishwasher too--we talked them into one when we lived there.
Post a Comment