Friday, January 16, 2009

Waiting Game

The good news:
They're ordering me a new dishwasher. Even after all their inspecting and fiddling, it still wasn't spinning water inside, and the controls were still all finicky.

The bad news:
No dishwasher until sometime next week. And with Monday being MLK Jr. Day .... heck, I'll be surprised if it gets installed before Friday.
Which means I'll have been washing dishes by hand for two weeks.

On a positive note, the dishes are getting done sooner, which is keeping the kitchen cleaner longer... but then again, me and my slightly dishydrotic eczema-prone fingers aren't too happy. Water aggravates the problem when I have blisters or skin healing from blisters. And I have issues with gloves. Well, and as long as I'm being honest, I also have issues with washing dishes by hand, period. ;)

But... here's to next week and a new, functioning dishwasher!!

image via www.nataliedee.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah...a new one!
sorry about the hands.
I was going to suggest gloves...but you already mentioned you have issues with those. What kind of issues? Just hate them, or are can they aggravate the hand problems?

Becky N. said...

Just hate them. And they make my hands sweat if I use them for more than just a couple minutes, which is almost as bad as just going without.

Ally said...

I've had a crazy few months, and especially last few weeks, so I haven't been around to many blogs.

I feel for you! Not having a dishwasher! Having to do dishes on my own all the time would take a HUGE chunk out of my day.

I'll never take the dishwashing machine for granted again! ;-)

Hope you get your new one soon!