And no, I don't mean amazing in a good way, not at all!
A few days ago I noticed a new oddity of my pregnancy - every time I tried to lift my leg far enough to, say...put a sock on, or a pair of pants, or to kick my sheets into place, I would get a really big pain in my groin. Enough to make me vocalize my discomfort, and complain about it. I've never had this happen in my previous pregnancies, at least not enough for a memory to stick in my head, so I did bring it up with my midwife yesterday. As I expected, it's totally normal, and, in my midwife's words, just my pelvic bones saying, "HEY, I remember all this pressure!" and reacting to it. Not in a fun way. But, at least it wasn't persistent pain, just made getting dressed and stuff like that even more difficult than it already was.
But it couldn't stay that way, could it? Nope. Today, from the moment I woke up this morning, until now, at 3:45pm, I've basically been in constant pain down there. I can't take a step without it hurting. I can't go from standing to sitting, or sitting to standing, without it hurting. I can't lift my leg even a centimeter without it hurting. I can't push the brake pedal in my car without it hurting. I think you're starting to get the picture, right? About the only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm sitting perfectly still. I seriously feel like I need a walker (you know, the kind geriatrics push around, with wheels on two of the legs...).
And worst of all, Melinda wanted me to wait outside the bathroom for her while she did her business, and told me I could lay down on my bed. I thought that sounded like a lovely idea, so I did. But just a couple minutes later, when she was ready for some help, it took MONUMENTAL effort to get myself off of that bed. I could hardly turn over, because, *gasp*, I would actually have to put distance between my legs in order to get to my other side, which I needed to do so I could get off the bed. I was starting to think I might actually seriously injure myself by trying to do something as simple as turn over, on my own bed. I'm guessing the problem was probably that I didn't shove a pillow between my knees before I laid down. But STILL!! I mean, it shouldn't feel like I'm murdering myself just to turn over!!!
Please please please let this not continue for the next three weeks! I might relegate myself to become a useless lump on the couch if it does!!
Now, to depart from the whining: I meant to do pictures yesterday to add to my 37 weeks pregnant post. And I could go add them in there, after the fact, but then I doubt anyone would look. So I'll just add them here.
Melinda took the pictures for me, which means you can't see my face. She can't manage to take a decent picture if she holds the camera sideways (cuts off my belly, every single time, or aims to high, etc.). Anyway, here I am in all my 37 weeks of belly:
And here, you can see all my lovely stretch marks, and cute little Jacob joining in on the belly show-off. :)
5 comments:
Ow is right, girl! That just SOUNDS painful. :( I'm sorry for you, and I too hope it doesn't continue for the next few weeks.
Pregnancy is so hard. At least, it was for me.
Hope it will subside soon!
Good luck with that pain. Hopefully it will subside soon. It's never fun to have painful things happen to our bodies while we're trying to get ready for the baby.
You can make the baby shoes in the meantime. Just DON'T move your legs!!!
Third kid is the charm. I definitely experienced some very strange new woes with Angel girl, including what you have described. The other one that actually had me in tears on a few occasions was the itching of the soles of my feet. I would not abate.
Okay Becky, now I found you back! I hear you on that pain. I never had it with the first two either, but lucky for you it just started now because I have been having it for almost 2 months. Seriously, it is so horrible! Hope we can both be relieved of it soon! Take care, Mindy
My belly looked all stripy like that with the FIRST baby.
whew, deja vu lookin at those pics! Has it really been over a year? Dang. I need to get pg again. LOL!
Post a Comment