Jesse and I were trying to ask Melinda a question, and she was so deep in thought that she didn't respond at all. Finally Jesse realized she had her baby doll with her, and said, "Look Becky, she's nursing her baby."
When I got out the camera she looked and smiled, but before then she was just staring off into space while drinking at the table.
Melinda very excitedly and proudly told me that she was learning how to do all the baby things she's been watching me do with Alex. Later, after she had pretended to change her doll's diaper, I asked her what her baby's name was. Take a guess? It was Alexander, of course.
And Jacob has mastered drawing smiley faces since Grandma Newson was here to visit. It's very cute, because he always says "round and round, an eye, an eye, and smile!" while he draws it. And honestly, I had no clue he was so close to being able to draw something real instead of scribbles!! (Although Grandma Newson can testify how incredibly compelled this boy is to scribble on every non-paper surface he can think of.)
3 comments:
cute! It's a good thing for grandmas!
I love it! I caught Obi Wan nursing his stuffed animals a few times. lol.
Wolf named his doll after Bear, and for a while it was terribly confusing which one he was talking about at any given time. LOL!
Post a Comment