We were getting ready to leave the house this afternoon to do some shopping, and I set Alex down on his tummy while I ran to get something out of the back room. It took maaaybe 10 seconds, and when I walked back down the hall, I saw him tilting, and I said to Jesse, "Oh, look! He's so close to rolling over!"
But as I said it, he did it. He actually rolled over, from his stomach to his back. At less than 4 weeks old.
And you know what else? Alex rolled over again earlier this evening while Jesse and I were working on preparing some Sharing Time materials, and he was on the floor next to us.
No, he can't do it every time he wants to, I can tell. But I still find it absolutely amazing that he rolled over already. Especially since I really don't put him down on the floor very often when he's awake.
His head control seems really ahead to me, too. If I sit him up on my knee, or lay back at an angle with him facing me on his stomach, he can hold his head fairly steady for quite a while. A couple minutes, at least.
And here's a video from this morning. Melinda was having a lot of fun making a little tower next to Alex's hand, and then saying "He knocked it over!" when he flailed his hand around and happened to knock the blocks down.
2 comments:
That is so cute! I love that he rolled over too.
Really cute video!!
That's a cute story too! JD did the same thing at the same age. I was second guessing myself. ("Had I really put him on his stomach? He's much too young to be rolling over!" But I had. I knew I wanted him to have some tummy time.)
You must have a super advanced child! :o)
Post a Comment