One, I didn't realize it was Earth Day until halfway through the day. In fact, I can hardly keep straight what day of the week I'm on right now, and it surprised me to look at the calendar and see how much of April has already passed. And that my wedding anniversary is one week from now!?
Two, I'm not Wonder Woman. It's a miracle my kids survived today, seriously. Jacob not only choked on a hot dog (first time ever, and scary for myself, him, and even Melinda), but he also was playing potato sack races inside the house with Melinda, and fell and smacked his forehead into the door jam. So yeah, amazing everyone survived. And yet I still managed to find time and energy with which to do 3 loads of laundry (even folded and put away!!).
Considering those two things, it's truly a miracle that got dinner on the table -- THANK YOU Grandma Newson, for making me a stash of freezer meals!!
Therefore I don't feel particularly guilty about my Earth Day faux pas. I did not manage to do anything at all with the kitchen today, and really wasn't up for it yesterday after Alex decided to be awake and fussy practically the entirety of the afternoon and evening (well, till 1am, to be exact). So after Jesse and I had cleared the table, emptied the dishwasher, filled it back up again, started it, and then set the table for dinner and realized that there were no clean forks to eat our dinner with, we put plastic forks out for dinner.
Yup, plastic disposable forks. On Earth Day. I felt momentarily horrible, when I realized the irony in it. Especially since I genuinely do want to make earth-friendly changes in my living style, and have made a few already in the past.
But it doesn't count this year because I have a newborn in the house, right? RIGHT??
By the way, this doesn't happen often, really! Those forks were from the same small box of forks I bought for Melinda's birthday party 6 months ago.
2 comments:
I had good intentions for an earth day post. Just didn't happen.
Lindsey was obsessed with wearing green today for school because it was Earth Day. Had she not said, or my MSN homepage been green, I would've had no clue. So I guess one goes out to Public Schools :S
Post a Comment