Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 1

Jesse's staying in New York (not the city, but within sight of it) for a couple nights for work. I'm not thrilled about it, to say the least. I probably depend on Jesse coming home from work every day more than a lot of mothers do... it's just about all that gets me through the day, sometimes, knowing that soon there will be another adult to play "tag team" with. So I have a couple days of being on my own with three kids, and hopefully my sanity will stay in tact. And actually, Jesse doesn't know if he'll be coming home on Wednesday or not. They might need to stay Wednesday night and not come home till Thursday, if the timing works out that way.

Sigh.

I think the key will probably be to get ourselves out of the house as much as possible, so the kids aren't constantly bored and fighting with each other. So today we'll do some grocery shopping, go spend a gift card at Babies R Us, and maybe even do some clothes shopping for me, if I have energy for it. (And while I have plenty of clothes, a very dismal few look decent on my body shape anymore!) I'd like to throw a playground in there for the kids' sake, but I'm not sure the weather will be good for one. Guess we'll have to find out.

Wish me luck! These next few days will be the testing grounds for the next big adventure: Jesse has to go to Japan in early June for at least a week. I'm reeeeally not looking forward to that. Especially right near, and possibly overlapping, our birthdays. :(

5 comments:

Rogers said...

Believe me, I know how you feel. Just remember, it doesn't last forever, and you DO have the potential to do it. Outings are essential, as well as TV (sad to say, I rely on it WAY too much). Maybe a new movie, or rent one from the Library. Just a couple of ideas. Also, my kids really like printing off coloring pages and then I staple them into their own coloring book, and they get so excited!! I have a great link on my blog, if your interested. GOOD LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Becky...I remember the days when Dad was traveling. You get stressed out, but there is the upside in that there is no guilt feelings when the house isn't clean or laundry done or dinner ready when he gets home. You could also make a goal to get something accomplished that you have been wanting to do or that would totally surprised him. Listen to the spirit . HF will help you.

Ally said...

I, am one of those mothers who depends on Hubby's evening 'tag team' to get me through the day, and the week!

DH is scheduled for a business trip to Florida soon, and I am dreading it even now. :S

Good luck to you. Hope it's not too tough on you, or the kids, or Jesse. :)

Cheers!

Rogers said...

So day 1 is over, how did it go???? Do you have any bald spots on your head? I'm sure it went okay :)

The Duckers said...

You can do it! Keep a positive state of mind, and things go much better than planned. Pray for patience and everything else you'll need to get you through it.
Hope baby Alex sleeps extra good for you. You'll deserve that much! :o)