
Also, to give this post a bit more substance, I wanted to share something with you. I decided last night that I was going to swear off sweet treats for a whole week. I've found myself just practically unable to resist the temptation to eat a huge handful of candies instead of just one, or just walk away from the bag of chocolate chips, or eat only a small serving of ice cream.
1) It's absolutely no good for my body to eat so much sugar.
2) I feel pretty disgusted with my lack of self-control, especially when I know darn well that I want to lose some weight.
So I thought I'd give myself a real challenge, and not have *any* sugary treats for a whole week. That goes for regular candy, ice cream, chocolate, and even cinnamon & sugar toast. I'll allow myself to have other types of snacks, like crackers, or toast with jam, but it's the sugary stuff that I have a really hard (impossible?) time resisting.
The only problem is, I realized most of the way through today that my birthday is this week. Should I postpone the celebratory cake for 2 days, or make an exception and then have far too much cake on hand for the amount of people in our house? (And of course, Jesse's birthday is only 6 days after mine. And Father's Day 3 days after that....) Any suggestions? I didn't have any sweets last night, and felt pretty proud of myself. But a birthday just isn't a birthday without cake, or at least something like cake. It's a quandary, I need help!
15 comments:
That's a beautiful blue photo!! Perfect choice for this project.
And I say . . . birthday cake should never be denied!!! You can go back to being good the next day.
Btw, I'm starting a new meme on Tuesday about children called "Silly Monkey Stories." Hope you'll check it out and consider joining in.
http://3garnetsn2sapphires.blogspot.com/2008/05/silly-monkey-stories-tuesday-meme.html
Have a great week!!!
Gorgeous 'blue' shot!! I used to have a peacock, called him Pierre, lol.
Great shot of the peacock! Beautiful blue color.
Yes indeed! That peacock is a beauty - and perfect choice for Project Blue!
Real pretty peacock :) Definitely would attract lots of peahens!!
Beautiful peacock photo! He really is blue! Happy almost birthday. I have absolutely no self-control so I'd say allow yourself to have some cake. You may find that you don't want any by the time your birthday comes... (ya never know). Is there a way to allow yourself something that's a treat but doesn't have sugar so you can have the feeling of celebrating and still honor your desire to be sugar free?
Well whatever you do, let it be ok and have a great birthday.
I say, make a cake if you can't find a suitable alternative, eat a piece on your birthday and freeze all of the leftovers. It's much less tempting to eat frozen cake. You can still eat it, but it won't be all at once.
My sister made a really great fruit trifle once -- tons of fruit layered with yogurt.
You could give away all of the sweets in your house. Send some to work with Jesse. I like keeping sweet and fatty things around that aren't "sweets" (like nuts, natural PB, dried fruit, fresh fruit and frozen berries, plain yogurt) then I don't feel deprived when there's nothing sugary to eat.
Yes, he is so VERY blue. A great entry for project blue. As for the sweets, I know the battle all to well. I'd have to say, it really depends on you. Moderation does not work for me. Staying away works much better for me than trying to allow myself to have a little.
Ok! First I love the shot of the peacock!
Second, The Biggest Loser say the way to keeping up with your diet is to allow one cheat day a week. So I say continue with your goal, celebrate your birthday. Freeze the cake. (It was a great idea, and I froze my birthday cake, and just threw away 1/2 of it! I needed more room for my ice treasures). You will then be able to celebrate Jesse's birthday as your cheat day, and even father's day.
Good luck! Maybe I'll start doing it with you.
Have fun cheating once a week!
Wow! That's vibrant blue!! Great shot!
I'm so glad that you decided to repost that picture!
That color is otherworldly, isn't it?
Can you get a more striking blue? Amazing blue! :)
First, YAY for all the comments! It's so fun. :)
Second, Johanna, THANK YOU for the idea to freeze the cake! It hadn't even crossed my mind, and it sounds like the perfect solution!
And Melissa, thanks for the Biggest Loser tip. Maybe I should allow one cheat day.
It is BEAUTIFUL!
there is something so special about a peacock and there coloring
Post a Comment