Today my computer was turned off almost all day long! I was definitely more productive around the house, doing two much-needed loads of dishes, 3 loads of laundry (and at least 3 more waiting to be done after that), and keeping things picked up throughout the day. But I did miss my blogging terribly. As it turns out, it wasn't my monitor causing problems, but my computer's power supply. The fan won't turn, so the computer overheats, among other problems. Jesse made it work the other night by fiddling with it, and this morning it started making a clunky noise like the fan wanted to turn, but wouldn't, so I decided to try and fiddle with it, too. Bad idea. I grazed my knuckle on a different working fan inside the computer tower, and it took off a full layer of skin. It hurts! :( And once that happened, I gave up and let it be. A full day of no computer wouldn't hurt too badly, right?
Jesse brought home one of the many unused power supply fans they have at work (since they buy a lot of computer parts, and don't need that particular part, and installed it and deemed it good to go, but shortly after turning it back on and trying to check my email, it very suddenly died on me, and made the familiar faint, long beeping sound of an overheated computer. So the power supply needs to be replaced. We just ordered one on Jesse's computer. Should be here by the 19th. In the meantime, I'll be borrowing Jesse's computer, which has a very different feel for me, and is missing all my bookmarks. So that will mean less total time spent at the computer. And really, that should be a good thing, but it doesn't mean I'm overjoyed about being forced into it!!
We didn't do potty training on Thursday since we were out a few times during the day, and Mommy was busy in the kitchen working on Daddy's birthday requests. Today we tried, but Jacob had a few accidents and was otherwise just having a pretty off day, and ended up requesting a diaper. He was grumpy today, not cooperative about anything, and prone to breakdowns. Not a good day for trying to potty train. Maybe we'll restart the process on Monday, and hope for a few good days in a row for him. :)
Jesse's birthday was on the 12th. I will blog about that when I have some time and Jesse isn't waiting for me to free up his computer. ;)
4 comments:
Oiy!! Sorry about your sking. :( It just sounds like it hurts!
Happy Birthday to Jesse.
Good luck with the potty training, whenever you get started. I'm sure it will all eventually turn out right, eh? ;) (I mean, surely he won't still want to be in diapers when he's 16...???)
And believe, going without the computer and blogging for one day, is actually quite refreshing! :D
I always seem to find my way back, though. (haha)
Shoot. Sorry, I meant to write 'skin' as opposed to 'sking.' It's been a long morning already. :-S
Your blog is beautiful! I love the header and the paper you used!!
I know what you mean! When I don't turn on my computer first thing in the morning... my house is cleaner and my kids are happier!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Its fun to get new blogs to read!
ok. i don't like this substitute computer thing. i normally hear from you almost 1st thing i do a post. AND...you always have new posts. thisis just killing me. BRING BACK THE NORMAL COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment