I feel proud of myself today.
I just created an army of angels, all out of my own little brain.
Usually, when I go to make something, I'm working with a tutorial or at least someone else's creative idea that I just figure out on my own. Not so, this time! I actually made them all without anyone giving me the idea! Now, I'm sure they're not the only peg-people angels in existance out there, but these are all mine! :)
Well, they're not all mine. I made them to give to our Primary class kids for Christmas. I had been thinking and thinking what I could give them this year, and finally, it hit me - they're all such little angels. Why not give them an angel ornament? So we went out to Michael's, and found a fantastic sale in progress. I got some tiny little peg people, some paints, and found the motherload of holiday ribbons for sale at 50% off. Which is where I found the perfect thing for their wings!
A couple evenings of painting and hot-gluing later, and I have 9 pretty little angel ornaments to show for it.
I'm patting myself on the back right now. Because I think I'm that cool.
Really, I think they turned out just right. I'm feeling very proud of them. And myself, for making something so cute with only my own brain to thank for it.
There's more there than we need. We only have 8 kids in our class, even when we get the rare visitor. So we'll definitely get to keep at least one for ourselves, which Melinda and Jacob are happy about. They think they're pretty cute too, even if Melinda is mad at me for not letting her paint one.

6 comments:
Those look so good! I am so impressed, and you even came up with it yourself! That is really amazing. I love them! Good job! Lucky little CTR 6!
A pat on the back was well deserved. I am very impressed. I love angels on the tree. Good job, teach.
*putting on Primary hat* Oh my goodness, how lucky, nay, blessed we are to have Primary teachers like you! Thanks, Becky. Those are darling. Did you paint the faces, too? I'll have to look at the photo again. They're darling.
I have a pretty unsteady painting hand. (If you look at the little golden robe marks, there's your proof!) So, I didn't paint the faces - I drew them on with a scrapbooking pen.
Those angels are super cute!
I have ALWAYS been jealous of your drawing/painting/sketching abilities. Here's proof again that you have an amazing talent. I remember when you were drawing horses (ages ago), and sometimes they looked goofy!! You've definitely come a *long* way!! I'm coveting your cute little angels, right now (wink, wink)
Love ya!!
Post a Comment