A brief note to catch everyone up to my life, which has been unusually busy for the past week:
- My littlest sister, Kaija (well, youngest... turns out I'm the littlest in my family), came to visit us during her spring break. She arrived on Saturday evening, and left Friday midday. We had TONS of fun with her here, and had something big and exciting to do almost every day she was here, including a zoo trip, swimming lessons, the circus, bike riding at the park, the ever-fun grocery trips, birthday cake & ice cream, visiting Washington, D.C., baking cookies... phew. Usually that much stuff gets spread over an entire month!!!
-Jesse and I have new callings at church. More on that another time.
- Alex obviously had his 1st birthday on April 1st. I'll be working on getting birthday pictures and videos up here first, before anything else, and then I'll be going back to share what else we did with Kaija here.
- I was at the tail end of a cold when Kaija arrived. We were so much busier than I'm used to that my body didn't like it much. I woke up with a total bullfrog voice on April 1st. It was really creepy. But the next morning when I woke up, it was completely gone. Weird.
- I was so zonked on Friday that I did absolutely nothing productive after we dropped Kaija off at the airport. I just bemoaned her absence, as it now felt much more lonely without her around to talk to.
- Saturday & Sunday was General Conference for church, which typically takes up our entire weekend, with four 2-hour sessions, starting at noon and 4pm, with only a 2-hour break in between. We got out into the gorgeous sunshine briefly on Saturday, and grabbed a few groceries, but otherwise, Conference was our weekend. When Jesse was out for the Priesthood session on Saturday evening, Jacob started throwing up. All over his bed. He kept throwing up most of the night, and was sick with a low fever all of Sunday. He threw up again this morning. Still has a fever. Currently taking a nap, which is why I can sneak on here, and he otherwise needs lots of cuddle time, and cajoling to get enough fluids. He takes illness pretty well in stride, though, not complaining, just resting. I'm doing my best to keep the rest of us from catching it as well, though, since it's obviously not a quick little 12-hour stomach bug. I'd hate for that to run through the whole famiy. In the meantime, about the only thing I'm managing to get done is all the laundry that Jacob has vomited on. And when that includes big things like pillows and blankets, which can barely fit into our tiny washer... well, it's a full-time job.
SO. I have a lot to post about - tons and tons!! But it might take me a while to get around to it. Keep your eyes peeled, though, because I wouldn't want you to miss anything if I find some time and get on a roll. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment