Friday, July 3, 2009

Facebook Friday

Isn't this exciting? I have about a whole month's worth of Facebook status updates to share with you!!!
Uhh, maybe I should say "YIKES!" instead of exciting???


Saturday, June 6th
12:10am
Yay, it's my birthday!! Now I just have to get to bed so I can be awake for it during the actual daytime... :)

4:17pm
Becky's day is going reasonably well. Too bad I've had to fold laundry , and a certain little girl is choosing to throw fits every 2 seconds, and my free Coldstone ice cream got kicked all over my jeans by the baby. Otherwise, I'm in a good mood, Jesse's doing a lot of chores and cooking for me, and it's SUNNY, thank goodness!


Sunday, June 7th
3:21pm (from my iPod)
Becky appears to have a dead computer. It won't even boot up in safe mode.
>> Jesse, 4:51pm << we got it running....finally booted in safe with CMD and then a restart got it running.

9:26pm
Becky prepared and very much enjoyed a white vegetable lasagna for dinner tonight. And then went bike riding - Melinda is officially graduated to riding with no training wheels!! What a smooth transition she made, she was amazing tonight!

Monday, June 8th
10:44am
Becky is happy for beautiful weather.
>> 1:58pm Well, I might just take my happy comment back, because running errands made me feel like I was going to melt. But inside I feel nice and comfortable.

7:34pm
Becky is glad that if the car decided to overheat, it at least did it at the best time possible. No kids in the car, a nearby exit off the freeway, and a husband at home just a phone call away to explain step-by-step how to locate the radiator cap. Also glad that said awesome husband managed to have no less than THREE giant bottles of coolant sitting in the car, saving me a walk to a gas station.

Tuesday, June 9th
4:41pm
Becky is too hot. Ordering pizza. I'm such a wuss.

6:05pm
Becky loooooooves a good thunderstorm!!
(I even have pictures and a video to share eventually!)

Wednesday, June 10th
11:13am
Jacob's first dentist appointment: Check! Lookin' good! Find Hawaiian clothes at Goodwill for family reunion Luau party: Check! Eat ice cream before lunchtime: Check!!

1:31pm
Becky appears to be putting of getting the house ready for vacation by one more day. Typical me, save it all for the last minute.

3:39pm
Becky is *trying* to pick up the front room before I start dinner, but the computer is so darn distracting!! If only a thunderstorm would roll by and knock out my power, THEN I'd get some cleaning done! Oh, but then I wouldn't have fans or A/C. Hmmm. Maybe I should just exercise more will power.

4:30pm
Clean front room: Check! Trim Alex's hair: Check! (Poor kid needs someone to donate hair cutting lessons to his mommy....)

11:29pm
Becky doesn't know why Alex went to bed 2 hours late tonight. No logical reason, and he was happy as a clam.

Thursday, June 11th
9:26am
On the agenda: Pay bills, clean playroom, sparkle-clean kitchen, finish laundry, start packing, go to swim class, finish packing, and sleep. Bright and early to the airport tomorrow....

9:47am
I am now extremely ticked off. Just went to start a load of laundry, and discovered that all my water is turned off. They're repairing pipes somewhere, and they don't know when it will be back on. HELLOOOOOOO. I have laundry and dishes to do before I leave in the morning!!!!! GRRRRRRAAAAWWRRR

12:46pm
Lunchtime. Switching the car with Jesse and taking all 3 kids and 3 full laundry baskets to the laundromat. Yay. .... Wish I could take back my laundry procrastination yesterday.

4:34pm
Was able to narrowly avoid the laundromat- checked the water once more before heading out the door, and it was back on! Took Jesse back to work anyway, in case they turned the water off and we needed to do the laundromat still. But it's stayed on all afternoon, and the laundry's almost done, along with most of the rest of the chores. Yay!

10:12pm
Becky is definitely not going to get enough sleep tonight. Gotta get up before the sun in the morning to get to the airport, and I haven't even finished packing yet. But I'm sooooo excited for Colorado! ♥

(From the 12th through the 22nd, all statuses are posted while I'm in Colorado, on Mountain time, but the posting time is still in Eastern. So, think 2 hours early for everything. 9am= I really posted at 7am, 10pm=I really posted at 8pm, etc.)
Friday, June 12th
5:04pm (from my iPod)
Becky got three hours of sleep, hopped on a plane, held a wiggly kid for 4 hours, and then crashed on the couch in beautiful Colorado.

Saturday, June 13th
9:02am (from my iPod)
Becky is not a fan of young toddlers transferring their 8am wake time to a 6am Mountain wake time. Especially after yesterday's lack of sleep followed by an 11:30pm mountain bedtime. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

6:51pm
Becky loves watching the kids play with their cousins. Jacob just yelled to one, "Come with me! You're my friend, you're my cousin!!"

Tuesday, June 16th
11:21pm (from my iPod)
Becky notes that her entire family would prefer to stay in Colorado rather than go home in six days, despite the daily T-storms. And today I made my own beaded necklace... That was so cool! I think I have to do it again.

Note about that status: My mother-in-law Nedra, and sister-in-law, Rachel, have a TON of beading supplies and their own (fairly new) Etsy shop here, where they sell their creations. They also sell them in person at craft shows. They invited all of the women (and a couple of the older cousins) to try it out and make their own stuff for the cost of the materials. So I spent $10 total on these two necklaces and one that Melinda picked beads for (hers is entirely random, but she loves it!). The first one I made with my red and white dress in mind, and it works fantastically with it! The second one I made because the first one was so fun/addicting... And I thought it would be pretty to put pinks and purples together with a little pop of green-blue. Turns out that necklace goes with a million different shirts I have! :)



Wednesday, June 17th
4:32pm (from my iPod)
Becky was in lawn-mowing heaven this afternoon. Ahhh... Nothing like the look of clean lines on green grass.
Note: I'll talk about that more in one of my Colorado blog posts.

10:10pm (from my iPod)
Becky is totally wiped out. Lawn work all morning, often with Alex strapped to my back, followed by two hours at the pool. If you hear some snoring, it just might be me all the way from Colorado.

Thursday, June 18th
7:18pm (from my iPod)
Becky supposes that bad days are inevitable even on vacation. Sigh. Here's to a better tomorrow.

Friday, June 19th
10:12pm (from my iPod)
Becky apparently missed out on the most awesome swimming pool ever, today. But when one kid took a nice long nap and the other two ended up falling asleep on the couch, I think we made a good decision by staying home.

Saturday, June 20th
1:24pm (from my iPod)
Becky is getting ready for a picnic, playground time, and canoeing on the lake. Fun!

7:21pm (from my iPod)
Becky keeps trying to remember "Today is a gift". But despite the fun, I'm still completely bummed that I have to go back home tomorrow. Wish I could stay in Colorado forever.

(Back to normal time, now...)
Tuesday, June 23rd
1:10am
Becky is home. Fridge & cupboards are essentially empty, there are 3 loads of laundry (despite doing 2 on vacay), booster seat got mixed up w/ relatives at the last minute, nobody slept on the plane, each kid had a bit of a meltdown at home with getting into bed, and we had to turn on the A/C at midnight because we felt so hot and sticky. I'm going to bed.

1:30pm
Becky is completely unpacked in record time, and has already started 2 loads of laundry. Usually it takes me a couple weeks. ;) Yay me!! Look what sleeping in until 10am can do for a travelin' gal!

3:01pm
Becky enjoyed over an hour of **all three** kids napping.
>>> after various shocked comments:
It's not so impressive when you remember that we got home at almost midnight, and didn't get them into bed until after that (and several meltdowns). Melinda woke up before Jesse got out of bed for work... so, yeah, not enough sleep. They HAD to have naps.

3:28pm
Obviously, the naps for Melinda and Jacob were not enough to make up for a midnight bedtime and a 7am wake time. They are both melting down, and I'm getting frustrated. Where's all the cousin/aunt/uncle/grandma/grandpa distractions when you need them? :(

11:00pm
Becky is hoping tomorrow goes much, much, much better than today did.

Wednesday, June 24th
2:50pm
Becky is doing great with laundry and kitchen upkeep, but keeps putting off the restocking-the-groceries part of getting back from vacation.

Thursday, June 25th
1:57pm
Becky made an impulsive decision and ran out to buy a couple giant popsicles and and ice cream bar when the ice cream truck rolled by, blaring it's music. Hey, I'm hot, and I actually had cash on hand. And now the kids are blissfully occupied while I finish up my grocery list. ;)

11:42pm
Becky is starting to feel that slightly-sore feeling in the back of my mouth up near my nose, like I'm about to come down with something. Sigh. Hope some extra vitamins and such will help, because I don't know if I can tolerate my typical hot tea in this weather.

Friday, June 26th
9:36am
Becky is definitely not feeling good. So far it's all in my head... but even my neck is a bit achey/stiff feeling. Loading up on vitamin C, garlic, and tea with honey... (The tea actually feels very good, even in the hot weather.)

12:20pm
Becky told Jacob, "I love you so much!". Jacob replied, "I love you more much!" And then I said, "I love you most much!" and he agreed that he loved me "most much", too. .... Little boys are awesome. ♥

9:03pm
Jesse came home early from work today with bad news. The purchase deal fell through for his company. There's another company still considering, but in the meantime, after next week, everyone has been told not to come in to work for 2 weeks. And nobody can say whether they'll come back at all or not. They'll figure that out later, I guess. .... ... I knew I should have stayed in Colorado. ;)

Monday, June 29th
12:00pm
Becky thinks today is a beautiful day. And it helps that the floors are vacuumed and the kitchen is clean and the laundry isn't piling up. I've somehow managed to stay mostly organized in the week I've been home from vacation!

3:53pm
Becky just logged 45 minutes on the Wii Fit. After a break of 179 days. :-\

Tuesday, June 30th
1:51pm
Becky pushed 2 kids on a stroller for over an hour at a fast-as-possible pace while Melinda sped ahead on her bike. If only I had my own bike and kid trailer! Or even a double jogging stroller would have helped. Melinda had to stop and wait for me to catch up so often!

10:08pm
Becky just helped Jesse apply for a job out in Louisville, CO that sounded absolutely perfect for his background. Have to keep reminding myself that even if *I* think he's perfect for it, doesn't mean they automatically will. But here's to hoping!

Wednesday, July 1st
11:33am
Alex was playing on the porch, fell over, and whacked/scraped his forehead on the concrete. My poor baby's face is covered in a giant red splotch. It could have been worse, but it sure isn't pretty. :(

2:50pm
Becky did 45 min on the Wii Fit again. Three days in a row of exercising! *pats herself on the back* But when will the soreness stop? Oh, I ache so much from the first session!

Thursday, July 2nd
10:19am
Becky dreamed last night that she was back in band, eager to play clarinet after many years, but of all the large handful of reeds I had, not a single one was unbroken.

3:55pm
Jesse's done with work for this week and the next week, if not more. But for now, we're enjoying his early time off, and he took the older two kids out to ride bikes while Alex and I enjoy some quiet time.

5:16pm
Becky is feeling a bit overwhelmed by mommy guilt.
>>> 7:10pm
The irrational kind set in by everything going badly at once. But it's mostly focused on Alex having some issues with his teeth that really need to get looked at, but we don't even have him on our dental insurance yet. Also, I realized it's not fully mommy guilt. It's also a lot of panic setting in about everything else going downhill in our life right now. Job, car, bills, that sort of thing. Panic came out of nowhere... I was fine with it up till this afternoon...

Friday, July 3rd
10:30am
Becky is hoping Jesse can figure out the current car issue. Radiator emptying completely in a 10 minute drive. Hopefully it's just a broken hose or something....
>>> 11:08am
Looking more like the whole radiator, since water is pretty much pouring off the frame underneath the radiator after being filled. We've decided to take it to a well-respected mechanic on Monday. They think they can fix it for $300-400, and take less than a day doing it. Sounds better than buying a radiator for almost $200 when we can't say for *sure* that this is the problem, and chance wasting both time and money while Jesse's income is on the line.

(Yay for our only car being completely crappy. I really was hoping Jesse's company would be purchased and we'd be shopping for a new van right now. That hope sure was blown out of the water. We're stuck fixing a car we hate, instead.)

12:30pm
Becky does not have a text messaging plan. Each text message sent costs $.20. Each message received also costs $.20. So when the baby grabs your phone and somehow manages to send two blank messages in quick succession to your husband who shares a family plan with you, he just cost you $.80. For nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Besides all the crap that is going on in your life right now, you sounded like you had a lot of fun on vacation and will have the memories for a long time and can think back on the those times to cheer you up when you are down. I was just thinking positve for you! :o)

Grandmama said...

Dad wants to know if Jesse is applying for unemployment benefits. Sometimes you have to wait 1 week and this would qualify for that and later he would be able to collect.

Besides...that was a quick read of a whole month. Thanx

Becky N. said...

Megan- Thanks!

Mom- He's not officially unemployed yet. The entire company was asked, with NO PAPERWORK, to not come in this coming week. Although Jesse says he may be called in if anything comes up that needs to be done.

We're very frustrated by the lack of any paperwork. The CEO is an idiot.

But as soon as Jesse is officially unemployed... or if, rather... he will definitely be applying for something. As for right now, he's getting paid, it's just coming out of his vacation time, you know?