Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Haircuts

Jacob and Melinda got haircuts yesterday. Jacob's been getting to the point where any time he's the least bit hot, his hair starts getting wet and sweaty. Yuck. (And how is his hair that thick, anyway??)

After a week of Jesse and I both asking him if he wanted his hair cut, he finally said yes. Of course, Melinda couldn't let him have all the fun, and insisted she wanted her hair shorter, too (even though I was hoping she'd be okay with growing it out...oh well). So off to the bathroom we all went for some home haircuts.

Jacob did MUCH better than he has done in the past with haircuts. He sat down for the whole thing, although he was very concerned by how itchy he was getting with the hair all over him. And concerned about the hair just plain getting all over him, itchy or not. I guess one of these days we should invest in one of those nice haircutting apron/bib thingies.

Here's a video of Jacob getting his hair cut. It's a little bit boring, but I thought I'd include it anyway.


Jacob just after the haircutting has started (I forgot to get a "before" shot):

And here's Jacob's "after" photo. Please forgive the pink shirt with the bow. He picked that himself, from Melinda's smaller clothes, and the less fighting with him, the better! Doesn't he look completely different with short hair, though? It always makes me nervous to cut his, because it changes him so much.

As for Melinda, this was my first time trying to do a full haircut by myself. I was nervous. Very very nervous. I've cut her bangs before, when she was little, and I've trimmed them small amounts at a time, but I've never cut ALL her hair before. Even though it's not my favorite style on her, I think I did a pretty decent job. It's not perfectly even, but close enough.

Melinda, before the haircut:
Melinda, after the haircut:
Melinda's hair on the floor:

For the record, they both like their haircuts. And I hope they'll be a lot cooler as the warmer weather approaches!

Next, it's my turn. I desperately need a haircut... my hair looks like a mop and it has split ends that are 2 inches up in some places. But I don't feel like going for a $45 haircut, and I don't want an $8 haircut.... how do I find something in between??

2 comments:

Rogers said...

I loved the video. What a nice surprise to see Baby Alex on there!!! SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! Your making me *slightly* baby hungry!!! Anyway, good job on the haircuts. Lindsey wants hers cut, too, and would probably LOVE a style like Melinda's. But Daddy doesn't enjoy it so much, so we'll see :) I also desperately need a haircut, and am struggling with the whole price thing. Plus we just moved to a new area, and trying to find a good one is scary!!!

Anonymous said...

They look so cute.