I got the idea to make felt donuts, and decided it sounded really easy. Well, after a whole afternoon of embroidering sprinkles onto the frosting, and then sewing parts of the donuts, I'm taking a break. Next: Hand-sewing the inner circles, stuffing, and then closing off the outer circle. Melinda's really excited, I'm sure we'll work on them more tomorrow. But working on them makes me remember all the other things I'm wanting to sew:
- Diapers. Yeah, still only have those 2 done, plus a few that are purchased. I'd love to switch to cloth full time, but I only have enough for almost a full day. Then there's not enough time for washing and drying, you know? Plus, Alex is getting so big that I'm thinking it might make more sense to just make medium diapers instead of smalls, so I won't waste all that work once I do start them. And while I probably *could* just buy some more and be done with it, then I'd feel really bad about all the cute fabrics (as well as several functional supplies) I bought *just* for making diapers.
- Play mat for the kids. The one I sketched out a few weeks ago. Oh yeah, we went shopping for the materials to sew it with and everything. I just never broke out the sewing machine, so it's still waiting to be done.
- Pouch sling for my friend. She's expecting a baby very soon now, and I'd like to get this done for her! Oh yeah, I also keep tossing around the idea of making little baby shoes to match the sling.... hmmm...
- Not sewing, but cinnamon rolls. Got the recipe (whole wheat!), got the appetite, got the ingredients... now I have to plan the time to do it.
- Again, not sewing, but planning a Primary class party. I'd really like to plan a day for all the kids in our church Primary class to come over this summer to have a party. I've been thinking of activities and gathering supplies for a few weeks now, but I still haven't gotten around to calling the families to see what, if any, family vacations are planned so I can schedule around that. Running out of time, Becky....
But honestly, if I had a dedicated space for my sewing machine (and supplies), I'd probably be a lot better at getting things done. It's always been a severe annoyance to me when I have to spend a lot of time taking equipment out and then putting it away again every time I want to do a project. One big reason I never really got into paper scrapbooking. Digital scrapbooking, on the other hand, is AWESOME, because everything is stored on my computer. Unfortunately, that presents a different problem, because sitting at my computer means getting tempted to spend hours drifting around on blogs and forums....
So yeah, you could say I have a problem with unfinished projects. I wonder if I got it from my dad? Hmm, yes, I seem to remember many a floor board never installed, bookcases never built, door frames left unfinished for years.... Maybe I'll go easier on my dad, now that I'm starting to feel what it's like to have a million projects piling up on top of each other. I think I need to learn how to finish one thing before starting another one. It sounds like a good idea, right? Then why can't I refrain from getting sucked in by the excitement of a new project?
1 comment:
AT LEAST YOU START PROJECTS!! I don't even start any. Then I don't feel like a failure. Not a good excuse, I know.
But I will have my curtains, window bench cushions and couch cushions to sew in the next 6 months. I guess we'll see how I do with that. :o)
Post a Comment