Friday, December 26, 2008

Amazing Alex

Alex, in this movie, shows off his latest skill, five times in less than a minute.  Walking is definitely his main mode of transportation now, rarely crawling for anything but a couple paces or a game of "Melinda's chasing me".  This new skill was learned just a couple days before Christmas, and the movie was taken Christmas Eve:  He can stand up in the middle of the room, now, without any props to help him.   I'm certain I missed his first few successful attempts, since he did it so well the first time I saw him, and Melinda's reaction to him standing (out of my line of sight) a few times seem overly excited for normal activity, in retrospect.  This video is not a good example of how well he can walk, because the kids are playing with a blanket and Alex has something to trip him up every couple seconds.  But he's getting faster, steadier, can turn any direction he wants to go, can pick up toys and stand back up (including even the heavy/large variety that you would expect to unbalance him too much) ... and well, he's just unstoppable.  He's a true-blue walker, and still less than 9 months old.

Amazing Alexander.






5 comments:

The Duckers said...

A-MAZ-ING is RIGHT!!! You sure have your hands full. I would never want this with my 3rd kid. We'll just take things nice and slow? (I HOPE!)

Becky N. said...

Yes.... One of the synonyms of "amazed" is "astonished": confounded with fear, surprise or wonder.

Fear wraps it up quite nicely sometimes.

Alex is Trouble with a capital T, these days. Reaching everything, getting into all sorts of predicaments, and causing all sorts of mischief.

As amazing as it is to watch such a little guy get around so proficiently, I would have been thrilled beyond measure to have a 9 month old who still hadn't figured out how to crawl.

May such luck come your way, instead. ;)

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! I can't believe it! If Grandma Hansen was still here, she would have some words about this! Well, if you are okay with it, that is alright! Congrats to Alex!

Emily said...

You know, the first thing I thought of is how most of us have 8 months (and often less) to deal with a walking baby at church before he/she is nursery-aged....

Love, love those chunky legs! I was just reminded yesterday when I was watching Z run around how those legs used to be rolls of dough-y flesh. Ah, how time flies. :)

Unknown said...

That is amazing! I showed Chris and his reaction was: We need to give Charlotte more tummy time. Ha! She isn't even thinking about crawling yet, and she is only 3 weeks younger than Alex! It cracks me up! He is so adorable and amazing! Alex: can you teach my daughter to crawl? Ha!