We had a pretty smooth morning. Melinda woke up about half an hour before everyone else, but stayed fairly patient in our bedroom while we all slowly woke up. Jacob was difficult - Melinda tried a lot of tactics to get him up, but we let him take his time (and ours!). Alex can be a very heavy sleeper when he wants to be, and only finally woke up when Melinda started bouncing all around him and clacking loud toys in his ears. The whole process took long enough that I was even able to sneak a quick shower in.
We went out to open presents at about 8am. I just love watching kids see all the presents. It was especially impressive this year, since we didn't have any presents out until after the kids were in bed last night. We guessed, rightly so, that Alex would attack any presents if we put them out. He woke up while we were still wrapping last night, and couldn't go back to sleep. So he had plenty of time to terrorize the presents while the older two were oblivious to the situation. Jesse and I watched the movie Serenity before we went to bed. I had a really hard time falling asleep last night - I'm getting a cold, so my nose is all stuffy, and my throat was sore (today I have a slight cough...yay).
Alex gave the best attempt an 8-month old can give at opening gifts, and tore off some loose pieces of paper when I showed him how. But mostly, he batted at it, as if he could hit the gifts out!
Alex got:New shoes (just in time for him to grow out of the old ones!)
Pajamas
a small toy that blinks and plays a very quiet (thank goodness) tune when shaken
a stuffed snake from Grandma Newson
a Playskool air-powered ball popper (which, oddly enough, Melinda and Jacob love even more than he does)
Books from Grandma & Grandpa Newson
Jacob got:
a stuffed snake from Grandma Newson
new Crocs (which he will grow into before long)
Wooden dollhouse family
Book of animals (made from pictures from National Geographic) from G&G Newson
Webkinz Frog from Aunt Rachel
Aang figurine from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Bag of Lego Duplos
Melinda:
Aquadoodle Mat
Magnetic color mazeHanna Andersson dress/leggings set
Doll w/ basket, pillow, blanket, bottle, clothes, etc. from G&G Newson
Webkinz Monkey from Aunt Rachel
New Crocs

Melinda and Jacob both got:
tangram puzzles
wooden shapes and boxes to paint
several animal figurines
Tadoodles paintbrushes (Melinda has been asking for them for at least the past 6 months), pad of paper
Smencils (10 each) ("gourmet" scented colored pencils)
Wooden people (painted by me)
Hot Wheels car
Scissors
Glue sticks
Sheet of stickers
Jesse:
Pillows (finally) made by me (that was my secret project, which I barely finished)
Pajama pants
Warhammer Online video game (won from a blog giveaway)
Socks
Book sequel to Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card (I can't remember the name of it at the moment)
X-Men movie
Crocs
Crocs hat
Crocs shirts
Family:
Christmas stories booklet from Ben & Brea
Orange & Lemon bars from Layton, UT Newsons
Pop-up play tent/bus from Markos family (THANK YOU Sarah, they All love this one to death!!)
Emergency crank flashlight/radio/phone charger. Awesome.
Becky:
2 handmade necklaces from Colorado Newsons
Book: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle (Oprah Book Club)
Knife/scissor sharpener
Monkey Ball game for the WiiMary Jane styled Crocs from the Colorado Newsons
Jesse reminded me at about midnight last night... that we should have had Melinda and Jacob each wrap a gift for someone, so they could help out. That sure would have been nice... too bad I was in a stash-things-away-for later mode and never thought of it until too late. However, Melinda did take her favorite snuggly blanket and wrap a bunch of random toys in it for Jacob to open. I pulled it out from under the tree last night while I was cleaning up, and she had a melt-down. I didn't know what it was, then, but obviously it was very important to her to be able to give a gift to her family. When she decides something, she really decides it with her whole heart. Giving gifts included. Next year I'll make a point of involving both of them more in the gift-giving process.
Christmas Eve happenings, Christmas Ornaments, Alex updates, etc. to come later. Maybe today, maybe in the next several days. :)
Merry Christmas, everyone!












5 comments:
That was a very informative list.
I did enjoy reading and finding out. Thanks
YAY! I loved this blog. This is the kind of information that I'm always DYING to know. Thank you. Looks like you had a fun morning.
Well, I'm off to cook some crab soup. YUMMMMMM!
Melissa, you are too funny. Here I was, thinking that everyone would be bored out of their minds, reading a list of Christmas gifts! I thought about just highlighting favorites, but that would have taken longer than making a list. And here you are, apparently just *dying* to know all the tiny details. ;)
Enjoy your soup!
That was fun to read! It seems like you all had a good morning! Steve and I wrapped all the presents about 2 weeks before Christmas and had them just sitting in our room waiting to be tranported to the Waggoner's up the hill. We stayed there Christmas eve and was there ready to be woken up Christmas morning! It was really fun!
Merry Christmas Becky!
Post a Comment