Last night, as we were eating dinner, we started discussing cow's milk. (We suspect Melinda may be lactose intolerant to some degree, which is why we made the distinction.)
"Cow's milk?!" Jacob exclaimed.
"Yeah. You remember," I replied, "cows make milk the same way people do." The conversation continued, explaining how as long as someone takes the milk every day, the cows keep making more. Adding in that as long as I nurse a baby or keep pumping milk, I would keep making more, too.
Jacob puts on a slightly too innocent expression, and then asks, "Mom, are you a cow?"
Feeling a bit chagrined, dazed, and not at all very pleased, I simply say, "Thanks, Jacob. Thanks a lot."
Jesse was laughing his head off, which ended up making the kids and myself giggle, too. Finally I ask Jacob, "Do I look like a cow to you?"
"No," he admits. Then, after pausing just long enough to make me think I'm safe, he adds "They don't have hands."
Well. Doesn't that make me feel better??? ;)
And for the record, Alex is officially weaned. It was a nice gentle end to our nursing relationship... I was feeling very ready for it, and he has been very accepting of the change. And now I have my body all to myself for the first time since I became pregnant with Melinda, 7 years and 2 months previous. We stopped nursing altogether very shortly after his birthday.
3 comments:
Funny!, Wow your are finally free...that is a serious milestone.
Jacob is too funny! I have been free for 3 months! I love it!
Kids say the darnest things!! Hey I wanted to tell you that Brea helped me make a blog while she is here. Its at newsonnoise.blogspot.com
I've yet to add pictures but will learn after lunch. My kids love reading your blog too.
Post a Comment