Tuesday, July 22, 2008

bumGenius Diaper Giveaway!

Baby Cheapskate is giving away TWELVE Bum Genius 3.0 cloth diapers!! I had used (and loved) FuzziBunz cloth diapers on Jacob, but I have to say that unfortunately, as much as I loved them, they didn't hold up. The elastic went bad before he had grown out of a single size. The PUL (the lamination that made them leak-proof) deteriorated to the point where you could see that it wasn't going to hold in liquid. And by the time I gave up because he was (well, I thought so at the time) close to potty training, I was regularly changing his pants along with his diapers. But I bought a few bumGenius 3.0's, and I have to tell you, they are obviously more nicely made diapers. I fully believe that they'll hold up as Alex grows bigger. And because they're 1-size, they will fit from infancy through toddlerhood! I was a little skeptical of the 1-size mechanism...I thought it would be too bulky. I was wrong, wrong, wrong!! They're just as trim on the smaller snap settings, and that makes me happy! I'm not a big fan of trying to fit clothes around big bulky diapers.

And no, I'm still not cloth-diapering full time. As much as I'd like to. Personally, I hope that *I* win, because I like these diapers a lot, and I'd be able to go full-time with cloth if I did win, without any extra effort or money spent on my part. BUT, if you've ever thought about cloth diapering, or trying bumGenius, I won't hate you if you enter the contest, too. Because really, I think if more people gave cloth diapering a chance, they'd find out that it's actually pretty fun. And *so* much cuter than disposables! And did I mention the added bonus of not filling up the dumps with piles and piles of throw-away diapers? So if you're interested, head over to enter the contest!

No comments: