Well, it looks like Jacob is definitely on his way to being completely diaper-free!!
This whole week has been good progress on the potty training front. We started the week unable to convince him to wear underwear instead of diapers, and now he's running at the chance to get his underwear himself! We had a few "naked days" in the middle of the week, since he seemed to have accidents with underwear on, but now he's wearing underwear with only a few problems! Yay!
Last night and the night before, he even wore underwear to bed and had no accidents. Thrilling! I was thinking we were still quite a ways from tackling night time potty training, but his own preference proved me wrong in the end.
The only problem we're running into is pooping on the potty. He's always preferred to run back into a closet or a tucked-away corner of a room to poop while standing up. Sitting on the potty for that process is a little odd for him, I guess. He's gotten a little less regular than he has been until now, which made me slightly nervous that he'd end up running into a problem similar to Melinda's (when she would withhold bowel movements for a week at a time). But today and yesterday he started to go in his underwear, and finished on the potty. So, it's progress, and I'm a little less worried.
We're still having accidents here and there, but the vast majority of the time, he's running to the potty on his own, without our prompting, and I think that we won't be turning back to diapers.
And I have to say, I'm thrilled about it. :)
2 comments:
Hooray, Hooray! :-D
Sounds like things are well on their way, and I hope they continue and he is able to feel good about his achievement. It's a wonderful accomplishment to have - for ALL in the family, eh?!
(And good job for you, too, Momma!) ;-)
Hey Becky.Nice work on the potty training. It sometimes feels like it will be endless but it always gets better. I read your blog sometimes but never comment so sorry to be such a prowler...I'll try to be better. I've used a lot of your links to find out fun things to do with my kids this summer. Hope all is well.. Great family picture by the way.
Post a Comment