Melinda woke up with a fever today. We knew she felt warm when she first got up, but figured it was because she had huddled under a thick blanket all night. Then she complained of a headache as we were getting ready for church - but since she didn't fall asleep till about 11:30pm last night, and we had spent all day in the sun, I brushed it off as too little sleep and not enough water. But when we saw her again halfway through church and she was still sullen looking, and now complained of a headache AND a tummy ache, and still felt warmer than normal, we knew she had a fever. We left church early (much to my regret - apparently the Mosdell's spoke in church today, and I would have *loved* to hear their talks!), and Melinda quickly and easily fell asleep for a few hours.
Long story short, I'm sleepy, and Sundays are always the ideal time to sneak in a nap. And right now, Melinda is on her 3rd nap, and Jacob and Jesse both fell asleep, too. But SOMEONE, who shall remain nameless (oh, fine, and guiltless too) is refusing to fall asleep even though he is acting tired. And of course that means mommy stays awake with him, and not daddy.
It would be so much lovelier for the entire family to be asleep right now, instead of just 3/5ths of it.
Psst, little buddy, go to sleep!! Please??? For mommy?!?
2 comments:
Oh I so feel for you...only my moments, no, minutes (hours) of jealousy are occuring in the middle of the night as we try to night wean...ooo I'm so tired!
I just got up from my nap. I know how good it feels. We are shortly on our way to the stake center where dad will be sustain as the new first counselor in the stake presidency. he will be in charge of the melchezidek side of things instead of the aaronic priesthood stuff he is so used to. he is very unsure of himself and worried about all the new responsibilites that he will have.
Post a Comment