So, we realized why Jesse's options for plane tickets were so unbelievably ridiculous.
The Presidential inauguration. Of course. He's leaving only 5 days before the inauguration, and coming back just 2 days before it. Well, more like 1 day, with a just-after-midnight arrival. It would also explain why there were so few seats available. Everybody and their dog wants to be out here, this time in history, I guess. Stinks for us. :(
Though, honestly, with this epiphany, I'm a little surprised that it's actually cheaper to fly in and out of Washington Dulles instead of Baltimore.
Anyway, blah.
Still waiting for someone to come over and take a look at my dishwasher, too. I am not so happy right now. Who knew something as simple as dishes would make me so annoyed?
And why does our playroom have to be the coldest room in the apartment, anyway? By a lot?? It's a miracle that the majority of the mess stays in there, instead of being dragged out to the front room.
Well, maybe not quite a miracle. I hate to admit that we've been entertaining ourselves with the Webkinz online more than is healthy, the last couple days.
And you know what else is fun? Our van's windshield wipers are possessed. Driving home from Pennsylvania the other night, after visiting our friends Cara and Russ, it was raining/sleeting, and partway home, they just went crazy. Absolutely crazy. Switch them on, and they go at regular speed, no matter what delayed interval you selected, and they wipe about 8 or so times before you can finally get them to turn off. Fun! We ordered a new part for a lovely $70 that should fix it... but it may or may not arrive in time for Jesse to install it before he goes. And it just figures that he's leaving on a day with possible snow, and coming home on a day with possible snow... so the two times I *have* to be in the car, I'll probably have to use the wipers.
It may be simple enough that I could figure out how to install it, myself, but we'll see how desperate I am. The only thing I'm really nervous about is the possibility that instead of remaining possessed, they just stop working completely, and then what - I can't drive with any precipitation, that's what. I'm so over this van and all it's problems. At least the random engine stalling seemed to stop all on its own. Jesse and his dad Ron conjecture that it's perhaps the additive they use in gasoline during the winter, and maybe we just need to use an engine-cleaning liquid or something to fix the problem otherwise.
I need to force myself to make a grocery list and go grocery shopping today. I have to say, I'm seriously entertaining the idea of trying grocery delivery, that's how much I hate going shopping with all three kids. But no, I'll buckle down somehow and get it done. At least I have an idea of what I want to cook, this week. That's better than some weeks, for sure. But I can't put it off another day without risking having no food in the house that the kids are willing to eat.
Enough random rambling for now. I've got a grumpy baby to attend to. I can't decide if he's getting a cold or growing some teeth. He's not been sleeping soundly (though at least he's going to sleep earlier!), and his nose is runny. And, of course, the grumpy part. Just in time for Jesse to abandon me for several days. (love ya, hon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment