Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Theme

I have to face the facts: The holidays are on their way out. If I can convince myself to get down to it, the Christmas decorations will be going back into storage by the end of the weekend.

And so, of course, that means I needed to change my theme.

I had a lot of things I mean to blog about, but they've been put on the back burner for now. Jesse and I have been enjoying a movie marathon, Lord of the Rings trilogy style. But there wasn't enough time to watch all of Return of the King tonight, and instead of watching a different movie or start a new book, or (gasp) even take care of some of my blogging, I decided the priority would be to get my blog's theme up to date. So here you have it!

A lot of work went into this one... well, more than my average, at least. I used the Winter Wonderland digital kit available from TheShabbyShoppe.com. And I designed it based on my 1440x900 desktop resolution. I tested it on Jesse's computer, which is not widescreen, and you do lose some details (some of the side elements are cut off, and you don't really get a feel for the blue background), but I'm still happy enough with it even at the lower/square resolution, so I'm leaving it. So, for those of you with a widescreen, enjoy being spoiled along with me! :)

Anyway... I'll get back to real blogging before too long. Hopefully. After all, I do have Return of the King to watch, and a million books to read, and a house to clean, and kids to take care of, among other things. But as soon as I get back in the habit, I'll try to get back to more frequent posts. At least a few a week.

Ta-ta 'till then!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!...even with my less than wonderful screen.

The Duckers said...

yeah, I've been missing your regular posts!
Love the backround, and YES....I'm spoiled.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks waaaaaay cute!

Rogers said...

WE LOVE WIDESCREENS!!!!! You are so creative! I love the new background :o)

Jenni said...

OK, so I have to know...how much of the design is yours and how much is borrowed? I am very inept when it comes to these things (resize photo + add a text box = extent of my skill!) ANYWAY, I've been thinking about hiring someone to do some design for my etsy blog--I want to make banners for each of my etsy shops, and then have the blog sortof tie them together...I have a good concept of what I want, but no specifics...also I know JACK about how to make it translate onto a blog. Do you know this stuff? Do you want to be hired to do some stuff for me?!