In Primary all the lessons and sharing time were focused on the Easter story, which was nice. I was surprised at how well our 5-year-old class understood the concept of the resurrection being the focus of Easter. Kudos to their parents!!
The choir sang some beautiful songs during Sacrament meeting, and we also enjoyed a couple talks. The Primary kids sang "Hosanna", complete with chimes by the older kids. Melinda looked so cute, standing up there and barely moving her mouth (even though she would practically shout the song during practices!), but grinning the whole while.
During sharing time, I sent Jesse home to quickly hide Easter eggs so the kids would find them as we walked in after church. It worked! Melinda never once mentioned anything about Mommy or Daddy hiding eggs, just the "Easter bunny"- woohoo!
Here are some pictures from egg dying on Saturday:

Jacob shows off his "Incredible Hulk" green hands. This kid would not stop touching the green dye!!
Jacob's still showing off his green hands, Melinda's putting a freshly dyed egg onto the rack, and I am trying my best not to look the size of a beached whale:
By the way, we also went for a nice brisk mile-long walk on Saturday, but it didn't start labor. I have, however, been having about 10 contractions per day for a few days. Nothing to really write home about - just strong enough that I'm actually feeling and noticing them, instead of thinking my body is doing absolutely nothing to get ready to birth this baby.Here are some pics and a video from the Easter egg hunt.
Just discovering their baskets, which were sitting on the couches when they walked in:
Melinda holds her new little felted wool bunny and carrot (from Etsy.com). These were an absolute hit, by the way! The kids played with them all afternoon.
And if Melinda's dress looks familiar, it is! It's the same dress we got for her last year, and it still fits, yay! Jacob didn't have any new Easter clothes this year, though, although his green and blue and tie fits the season fairly well.Here's a video of the hunting:
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I hope the baby doesn't make you wait to much longer.
Post a Comment