Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Husband Meme

Here's a Husband Meme. Feel free to play along if you have a blog! :)

1. What is his name?

Jesse
2. How long have you been married?
7 years and 11 months
3. How long did you date?
About 2 months before we were engaged, and a few months long distance.
4. How old is he?
30, and not far from 31!
5. Who eats more sweets?
Me....definitely me. A major weakness of mine.
6. Who said I love you first?
Me again. ;)
7. Who is taller?
Jesse is, but only by a few inches.
8. Who can sing better?
He does pretty well, and was even in a choir in high school, but I think I sing a bit better.
9. Who is smarter?
Jesse definitely has the technical brains of the family. He is an engineer, after all!
10. Who does the laundry?
I do, but Jesse's not against helping out when I ask for it.
11. Who pays the bills?
I do. Not that I love it at all. I'm just the one who carries the checkbook around, and I have time. And my handwriting is more legible (I get nervous when he does write checks, wondering if people will actually be able to get it right). But I'm a bit forgetful at times, as well, and have paid a few bills late in my time.
12. Who sleeps on the right side?
Jesse does.
13. Who mows the lawn?
Apartment management. Although when we get our own lawn, I'd love to take turns mowing the lawn. I *love* making nice neat lines on the lawn (thanks to my landscaping summer job, back in the college days). It annoys me when I drive past lawns that are poorly mowed.
14. Who cooks dinner?
Mostly me. But Jesse always cooks the waffles when we do waffles. And he helps chop things when I need him to, too. :) He used to have responsibility for steaks, as well, but I've since figured it out and now do it myself.
15. Who drives?
When it's the whole family, it's Jesse. Unless I'm dropping him off at work, then I'll drive to save the step of switching seats.
16. Who kissed who first?
You know, I honestly don't remember. I'll have to dig out my journal sometime in the near future and figure out if I made note of that.
17. Who asked who out first?
Jesse did, to a homecoming dance.
18. Who proposed?
Technically, me. Out of the blue, "So ... are you going to marry me?". But Jesse did the formal proposal a few months later, after we had gone ring shopping and everything.
19. Who has more siblings?
We both have 5 siblings. But I'm #2 while he's #4.
20. Who wears the pants?
Jesse pretty much goes along with my lead, I guess. There are times he makes a firm decision for all of us, but it's never without my input.

No comments: