Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 week update

Today we visited the midwife's office for a 2-week postpartum visit for myself as well as a 2 week quick checkup for Alex (all handled by the midwives).

My weight is down to 190 by their scale (185 by mine...huh). Down from a top weight of 212, I believe it was. My tear is fully healed already (woohoo!).

Alex weighed in at a whopping 12lbs 6oz - almost 2 pounds heavier than his birthweight, in only 2 week! Wow! Melinda wasn't even that heavy at 1 month old!!

Alex does have quite a case of acne on his forehead right now. My midwife said it may be related to spicy foods, dairy, or chocolate. I've never heard that suggestion before - Melinda and Jacob both had baby acne, but from what I understood back then, it was from my hormones. On the one hand, I'm happy to know that I could possibly get rid of Alex's acne by cutting out some dairy and chocolate, but on the other hand - NOOOO!!! My chocolate ice cream?!?!?!? I absolutely crave those sweets!!!

Alex really hated the carseat at first. Cried from the instant he was set in it, until we finally took him out. But he's getting a little better. Now he'll still cry, but usually not right away, and usually he stops a few minutes into a drive, thank goodness. Which is definitely a blessing, since the drive down to the midwife's office is about 30 minutes. I would be an absolute nervous wreck if I had to endure 30 minutes of Alex screaming in the carseat!!

2 comments:

The Duckers said...

what happened? I left a comment this morning!! ERRR! When I have more time, I'll try to re-write it for you. sorry!! :o)

Ally said...

Glad to hear you're both doing well. :)

Our little boy hated his car seat as well. He loves to go driving now, now that he's forward facing.

Sorry about the diet thing - I would miss my chocolate too!

Keep up the good work though. ;)