This past month, he's been growing and changing so much. He's so big that he's wearing his 6-9 month clothes already. He's growing out of the pouch sling that I made to carry him in, and I've been branching out to try other ways of carrying. Most recently I've been happy with a wrap style carrier. In effort to keep the money spending to a minimum, I just bought a 6-yard length of fabric and cut it to the appropriate width. It's versatile and comfortable. He's been spending so much time on his tummy that the worn-off bald spot on his head is growing it's hair back. He's grinning and giggling lots and lots. He's given me a nice percentage of nights that he's been sleeping "through" the night, a solid 6-7 hour block without waking me up, all on his own body clock, none of my doing. (This is a first for me - my other babies didn't do that for a LONG time.) He's been doing a high-pitched "squeal" sort of noise when he's just playing around. And he's doing his best to grab everything within his power to reach. For instance, if we go grocery shopping and I carry him forward-facing, he's constantly grabbing the grocery cart's handlebar, or reaching for items on the shelves, or trying to grab the credit card swiper-machine's pen. If you get your hair near his hands, it's going to get pulled. And he has a huge interest in paper right now - if he can get it, he mashes it around, crumbles it up, and even tries to eat it. As I type this, he's busy deconstructing a magazine on the floor!
And of course, he continues to be my "uber" baby. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since he started holding himself up so easily and rolling over at such an early age. Still, I was hoping that my 3rd baby would be a little more content to just be a nice immobile infant for at least an average amount of time. What do I mean exactly? Well, this is what he's been doing for the last couple weeks:


I know, right? He's been doing super-steady baby "pushups" for a couple weeks now, and even starting to work on crawling skills: rocking back and forth on all fours, pushing off of one foot at a time... all while he was still 3 months old. He's so close to crawling already - all he has to do is figure out that he can move his hands, and he'll be off and roaming the house! And really, that won't be far off, he's been making a couple small lunges today. And you know, I really thought Melinda was early at that stuff, and she didn't crawl until partway through her 5th month. Alex is just too eager to join the other two kids, I guess, and will not be content with just laying around watching them run around without him! I'm glad we're moving to a new apartment soon, and getting some fresh carpet for him to explore on.
We had a few weeks of a lot of frustration with him getting very cranky in the evenings, and not sleeping well during the day or during the nights. We finally decided to take him to the chirpractor - Jesse connected some dots and realized that he had been acting like that since the dropping incident during the family reunion in Ohio early in July. He remembered that his niece had a similar cranky personality change around 1 year old after she fell off of some furniture, and returned to normal after a chiropractic adjustment. I was happy to find that the chiropractor I've been seeing will adjust infants as well, and so Alex had a couple adjustments, and has been back to normal since then. Yay!
Anyway, here's just a couple more pictures and a video of Alex in action. Enjoy!



4 comments:
What a cutie!
oohhhh, he's so cute. I was interested in the chiropractic thing. I've heard some about adjusting infants...just never heard about someone I know trying it and finding a big change. Especially an emotional change. It's very interesting.
You know, mom, I was actually surprised at how the infant adjustment worked, too. There was absolutely no bone popping involved, not even one of those little clicky things that they sometimes use for gentler adjustments on adults. My chiro had me hold him laying down, his stomach to mine, and put firm pressure along his spine. She also felt inside his mouth, along the upper roof. I was surprised it made as big a difference as it did, with just that. :)
Uber baby is right!
I can't believe some of those pictures, for a 4-month-old baby.
You've got your hands full, definitely. Good thing you don't have twins, eh?? (hahaha) ;-)
Post a Comment