I should give a little background, first. Jacob had potty trained pretty much completely. We were still working on getting him to run to the toilet instead of a closet when it was time for a bowel movement, but otherwise everything was golden. Except when he got sick last week, I stuck him in training pants so we wouldn't have to worry about what might happen while he was deep in sleep on the couch from a fever. Well, that really backfired. We were back to square one, after that mistake, and suddenly Jacob couldn't remember how to keep himself dry. It was really frustrating. Much of the problem was solved when Jesse broke out a couple extra potty chairs we had, and encouraged Jacob to try using them.... standing up. Well, Jacob just loved that idea, of course! I should say that I am actually pleasantly surprised at how good his (ahem) aim is.
Anyway, the other day, he needed to go potty, and I went with him. The two extra potty chairs were sitting side by side in the bathroom, and he picked the smaller red potty. He stood over it, went pee, and then stopped.... and took two steps to the left, positioned himself over the larger white potty, and started going again. And then stopped, took two steps to the right, and went in the red potty again. And yup, you guessed it, he stopped and finished off in the white potty. I just watched and chuckled. Leave it to a young, newly-potty-trained boy to get the crazy idea of using every available potty in one trip. When he was finished, he turned around and grinned at me as widely as he could, and exclaimed, "Look, mommy! I went pee-pee in the red one and in the white one! Yeah!!" (I am glad that he didn't make a mess!!)
*****
Tonight we had some Chinese food for dinner (and not just because of the Olympics, either!). I ordered Bourbon Chicken, and it has a fairly bright red color to it. As we were sitting at the table to eat it, Jacob asked me if he could have a bite of my strawberries. LOL.
1 comment:
So funny! :-) I love it.
I just have to say, I'm secretly dreading potty training a boy.
I guess I'm just apprehensive like that!
Post a Comment