I hate you.No, okay, not really. I actually love you. I just hate all the hoops I just had to jump through to make sure you could still access my blog.
Because apparently for the last couple days, Internet Explorer has been hating on Javascript. And it made it so my blog would refuse to load, giving you a lovely (ha) "cannot load" error, instead. And I was busy, and so not wanting to deal with something as technical as this. It took long enough just to find out what the basic problem was, before I could even attempt to fix it. And then I had to go and troubleshoot my blog. I removed just about every single fun little thing on my blog, checking and re-checking with Internet Explorer (shudder) to see if it fixed the problem before going and removing another.
I finally found it on the very last thing - the Moon Phase widget, which I just loved. I wasn't going to remove it because I didn't actually see any javascript on that one - it came directly from Blogger, and thus I didn't have to mess with (or view!) any code. So I didn't think that would be it. But it was. And now it's gone. All because I love you. *sniffles* Oh, my poor pretty moon phase widget!!
And all the rest of the code is back in place, so nothing else should be missing. I hope, at least. This was not a fun process.
You should really consider using a different web browser. Really. I like Firefox, a lot. I hear the new Chrome by Google is interesting, too. How about Apple's Safari, for both Mac and PC? Or try Opera (I know nothing about it). They're all free. And, dare I say, all better than IE. But if you're completely stuck in your ways, you could even just download the Internet Explorer 8 beta... because apparently, this whole javascript thing is not a problem with IE8. But I couldn't tell you that unless you could access my blog first, right? le sigh.
I love you, really, I do. Where would I be without half of my readers, after all? But really, I truly hate what your stinkin' browser just made me do.
At least my mom told me there was a problem. I don't think I would have ever figured it out without being tipped off, first.
Welcome back, you crazy (but wonderful) Internet Explorer users.
3 comments:
I use firefox!
I LOVE it. won't ever go back.
My favorite feature is that if something happens and it gets shut down while Iw as in the middle of something (which often happens if someone else gets into something on the computer, or just because we have windows vista which stinks bigtime...) then firefox will restore my session!!
Thank you, its working again, and I love to read all the things you write about. We had a funeral on Sat for Chuch Wooten, and had a surprise visit by Bro. Phillips, Laura, Sarah and little Micharl who is still little but in the 5th grade, believe it or not. It was good to see them, we had them for sunday dinner.
***blushing***
Yes, I'm one of those Explorer users. ;-S
And I'm actually sorry about it too, because I liked your moon phases widget! I have this infatuation with the moon, and I had noticed it and liked checking it out.
Sorry. :-(
But, thank you....??
Post a Comment