August 7, 2008
Assigned Topic: I can learn about prayer through the scriptures
I can learn many things about prayer from the scriptures.
Because of all these stories in the scriptures, I can learn about prayer and follow these examples.I can pray to be forgiven, just like Enos.
I can pray always, no matter what, just like Daniel.
I can pray to gain a testimony, just like the king of the Lamanites.
I can pray for blessings that I need, just like Abraham and Sarah.
I know that Heavenly Father will hear and answer my prayers, just like He did with all the prophets.
************
The mommy's narrative:
Granted, I wrote this for her, but she had to practice a lot and be the one to speak into the microphone!! During the course of practicing, it became obvious that the talk was too long. Took about 8 minutes. So, we cut off a big paragraph at the beginning (about Jesus visiting the Nephites) and end (about Joseph Smith's vision), and this talk was the result. Melinda did a great job, she wasn't nervous at all. And she didn't yell into the microphone or do funny things with her voice, like she had while we practiced, thank goodness!
***********
We're going to Pennsylvania later today for our friend's baby blessing. It will be interesting to see how the kids handle going to 2 church meetings in one day (although we did leave after Primary in our ward, to minimize it for them), and also having church later in the afternoon. But we're excited to visit our friends and see their new daughter blessed!
2 comments:
That was an absolutely great talk. What a Mom. You definitely should remember this. Guess with in on the web...that will be easy.
That is so sweet. How great you have a record of this! Love you! Shannon
Post a Comment