It's time for a new season of The Office!! Woooo!!
I have to admit, I didn't watch this show for the first couple seasons it was out. It looked too dry at first glance, and let's face it, my hobbies leaned more towards computer gaming with Jesse at the time. But we happened across a few re-runs early this year, and were hooked, even though we had no idea what the plot line was.
And then we found out that we could watch full episodes "on demand" through Netflix, and boy, was that fun! We had little marathons, sitting in front of Jesse's computer, while Alex slept on and off. We would watch several episodes, look at the time, see that it was getting later and later, but then look at each other... "One more??" ... "Okay! One more!!" And we would watch The Office as late as we possibly could. If one managed to end just before midnight, we'd convince ourselves that another 20 minutes or so wouldn't hurt, and we'd stay up late enough to watch just one more. And then we'd eagerly start off where we left, the next night.
It was so sad when we ran out of new episodes to watch. Oh, they were so much fun! And it's been quite some time since we enjoyed a TV show together. We used to watch Smallville together, but then we both lost interest as the seasons wore on. And call us crazy, but we also loved watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer together. Neither of us watched it until after it had already completed and was only showing re-runs. But we found a TV station that was playing a show every single day, in order. And we watched it beginning to end at least two times. So, The Office is really great, because once again, it's something that we love sharing together.
And come on, it's incredibly funny, too!!!
In the end, I cannot wait for tonight. I'm so excited for a new season! New laughs!! New twists in the plot!! The only thing I'm not excited about is the fact that this time, we have to wait a whole week between episodes.
That's really not going to be fun. I get really spoiled when I get involved in a fandom right as things are finishing up.
All the same, I'm excited. And you know where I'll be tonight: Planted squarely in front of my TV, laughing myself silly.
4 comments:
oh girlie, don't get me started.
We LOVED buffy...my favorite episode ever was "once more with feeling" the musical one. *sigh* and I had an entirely unhealthy crush on Spike. Don't ask. *wink* It is NOT worth sitting through Angel though. lame lame lame. I'm surprised they managed to get 5 seasons out of it...it should have died within 5 episodes. Really.
We also watch the office (well, Dave does and I catch pieces), and we're pretty hardcore HEroes fans...and lately we've been watching West Wing which we are really liking too.
I loved the "Once More with Feeling" Buffy episode. So great!! I think I watched one or two episodes of Angel, but didn't like it all. Depsite the fact that I, also, had a TV crush on Spike. Not so dissimilar from my crush on Edward from Twilight. ;) Must be a vampire thing.
I watched and enjoyed a few episodes of Heroes, but then missed some and didn't want to get back into it without seeing the in-between episodes. Same thing happened with Lost. Eventually, I'll probably watch both shows with Netflix rentals, to make sure I don't miss anything.
Ack, so glad you reminded me! I would have plunked down at 9:30, wondering what was on, and come upon the premiere and wail because I'd missed the first half. You are a life saver! (Or, a laugh saver?)
I also love that show, but last season Dorian lost some interest, and he never even finished the season. So, I have recording conflicts, and I would really rather watch MY shows, and catch up later with the Office. Like you did.
Enjoy your show!
Post a Comment