I voted today, did you?? :)We got lucky - no lines! Jesse went during lunch, and there were only 3 other people there. When he got home, he stayed with Jacob and Alex, and I took Melinda with me. I thought she might be interested, even though we've never talked about elections with her, and she was. Our polling place is an elementary school, so she was happy to see the inside of a school, for one thing. Also, we have electronic voting, and so she even got to help me vote. She touched the screen for the first few pages of voting, how fun! I told her which one to select, she pushed it, and we both had fun. There were more people there when Melinda and I got there, but I still only had to wait after one person to get my little voting machine card, and not at all to get to a booth.
And of course, we both got "I voted" stickers. Isn't that fun? And on the way out, we bought some Girl Scout cookies. Because I'm weak like that, and hey, there's no Krispy Kreme nearby to go get a free donut from. (You'd think the couple bags of Halloween candy would be a deterrent, but then, that would require me having a rational thought about sweets in the house.)
No comments:
Post a Comment