Last night, Jesse and I were directing Melinda and Jacob in their nightly living room pick-up. Jacob was cleaning up the markers they had left on the floor, and found one that was missing a lid. He was extremely concerned about this poor little marker with no lid. Jacob likes everything to be just right - especially things with lids. Hoping to get his mind off the marker and back to picking up, I told him, "It's okay, Jacob, just give the marker to Daddy and he'll keep it safe".
I wish I could give you a video of this instead of a written account, it would be so much better, timing wise.
JUST as I said "he'll keep it safe," Jesse ever-so-casually and thoughtlessly tossed the marker into the trash right next to him. The timing was just.... incredibly ironic, I guess. The look on my face must have been very incredulous, and Jesse just started giggling, and suddenly I just burst up laughing. And then Jesse started laughing harder. Soon enough, I was laughing so hard that I was crying, and very lucky that I wasn't peeing my pants!!
I just couldn't stop. Jesse eventually took Alex from me so I could go use the bathroom, and even as I was back there all alone, I was still laughing out loud. And even though I had calmed myself down by the time I came back out to the living room, as soon as I had sat down and exchanged glances with Jesse again, the hilarity just started right back up, and I was back to laughing so hard I was crying.
And as I was laughing so hard, I was saying, "It's not even that funny!" through my tears and wheezing. It really wasn't that funny. I'm fairly positive reading this probably won't even make you giggle. But the timing of me saying the word "safe" and Jesse just tossing the marker into the trash just had us both laughing for a good 10 minutes.
Maybe we're just sleep deprived. ;)
To make this more interesting, if you're reading this blog post, and happen to remember the last time you laughed so hard that you cried, please post about it on your own blog, and share it with me!
3 comments:
Well I think it's funny. It's the epitome of the different ways husband's and wives think.
Oh and I enjoyed the pictures above.
I remember times when I would lose all sense of whatever, and laugh uncontrolably, but it's hard to remember the situations. You are lucky to have written it down. A year or two later and you wouldn't have remembered what set you off. We have times at prayer time when we can't start prayers because everytime the giggling stops and someone goes to start the prayer the laughing starts again. Not really that funny, but at the time seems so hilarious.
I remember those prayer times! :o) It was actually hilarious!!!! Someone would say "GO" in a valley girl tone, someone wold start, and we'd all bust up laughing. haha
I love laughing like that. It makes everything seem so great and carefree. It's a great feeling.
Post a Comment