Thursday, September 18, 2008

Conversation with Jacob

It's finally cool enough in the morning that I actually put socks on Alex's feet. First time he hasn't been barefoot since spring! I decided to go with the fun Blue's Clues socks that Grandma Newson bought for him. And then this conversation happened:

Jacob: "Oh, wow, look at that! Blue's Clues socks!"
Mommy: "I know, aren't they cute?"
Jacob: "Yeah, they're so cute!" "What are those socks for, Mommy?"
Mommy: "Just to keep Alex's feet warm today."
Jacob: "Oh. Where did those socks come from??"
Mommy: "Grandma Newson bought them for Alex when she visited us when he was born."
Jacob: "Oh! That sounds like fun for Grandma to do!"
Mommy: "Yes, it does sound fun for Grandma, doesn't it?"

5 minutes later, as Jacob is getting dressed....

Jacob: "Grandma didn't buy me Blue's Clues socks."
Mommy: "No, honey, only for Alex."
Jacob: "Yeah, only Blue's Clues socks for Alex."

Interestingly, he didn't seem jealous. He was just observing the fact that he didn't have any Blue's Clues socks of his own. And he really enjoyed seeing them on Alex's feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with the break down of the internet explore thing...I almost missed this blog. It was really cute. It's important that children learn that we don't always have everything that someone else has. That we can be glad for them and their special stuff.